Definetly Paradice || Newt

Y/n's POV
Ahhh...finally we are save. I can't believe we made it to the save heaven! I walked to my best-and only remaining-friends, Sonya and Harriet. Aris was with some guys from Group A. It was already late and they were eating dinner next to the fire. I sat next to Harriet with my own tray of food.

"So, what's up, guys?"I asked, taking a bite.

"Ah, nothing. Talking about how live will be from now on."Sonya said, also taking a bite.

"Well, what do you want to happen now? We are free, aren't we?"I asked, shrugging.

"Mhm. Maybe, relationships?"Harriet said.

"Ha! Like someone will like me!"I laughed historically.

"Well, seems like you already have someone's stare."Sonya said and pointed on the other side of the fire. I followed her finger and saw a dirty blonde boy, staring at us. He was sitting with Group A. When he noticed my gaze, he turned back to his friends. I actually remember helping him save his friend.

I turned back to Harriet and Sonya who were grinning.

"What?"I asked, confused."How do. you know he was looking at me? He was probably looking at Harriet or you."I told Sonya."You both are way prettier than me and he is hot. Why would he like me?"

"Bullshit!"Harriet almost yelled."He was totally looking at you, girl. You are hot and smart and badass! Everything a guy want."she added.

"And since when do you know what a guy wants?"I asked, rising an eyebrow.

"Since Aris told me he likes Sonya."Harriet said.

"What!??"Sonya asked, looking up from her food with shocked face.

"Nothing!"Harriet said."But seriously, he likes you. You should totally talk to him."

Newt's POV
God, that one was close. I turned back to the stupid story Frypan was saying. Minho noticed my discomfort.

"What's up dude? Did she catch you staring?"he asked. I looked at him surprised.

"How do you even know about that!?"I asked.

"I have my ways."he said. What the hell?"You should talk to her."

"Ha! No way! Why would she like me?? She is so beautiful and kind and smart! I am just an idiot with a limp."I said, taking an angry bite.

"Just try, things will probably work out in the end."Minho said and turned back to the conversation. We will see.

-------------------------------------------

Newt's POV
Later that night, when everyone was asleep, I heard someone getting up. I looked towards her hammock, which was close to my own, to see her getting up and putting her shoes on. After she was ready, she went outside. I waited a little, then got up myself and put my shoes on. I walked out and saw her sitting on one of the logs, in front of the remaining small fire. I gathered all the courage I can get and walked next to her.

"Hey."I said and she looked at me, offering me a small smile.

"Hi."she said.

"Can I sit?"I asked, gesturing to the seat next to her. She pushed her lips together and nodded. I was down next to her and looked at the ocean.

"Why are you sitting here?"I asked her, not looking away, scared that I will scare her away.

"Can't sleep."she answered."You?"

"Same."I answered and we feel in silence."I never believed I will live to see the ocean."I said after a while and heard her chuckle.

"Me either."she answered and silence fell upon us again.

"Do you...do you want to be friends? I know it sounds like I am a first grader, even though I don't know what is to be a first grader, but-"

"I would love to."she cut me off and I shut up.

"Great!"I said and looked at her."My name is Newt."I said, extending my hand out. She looked at me, then at my hand.

"Y/n."she said and shook it with her own.

"Beautiful name, Y/n."I said and saw a faint blush on her cheeks, then she turned away.

-----------------------------------------

Newt's POV
Some weeks have passed since the night I talked with Y/n and since then, we sneak out every night to talk and spend a lot of time together. I really like her. She is a really cool person. I should tell her, plus, since Minho caught us one night we won't stop bugging me about it.

Anyways, I walked to Frypan, who was the cook along with some other boys.

"Hey Fry. Can you give me two plates?"I asked.

"Sure thing."Frypan said and handed me two plates of food. I thanked him and walked to Minho, Thomas, Gally, Aris, Sonya and Harriet. I sat down next to Thomas and started eating, keeping the other plate in sigh.

"Hey guys!"an angelic voice said. I turned around to see Y/n, her hair styled in amazing way.

"Hey Y/n."everyone said back.

"I will go take my food. Be back in a few!"she said and started walking away.

"Y/n! I took one for you too!"I said and she stopped, tuning towards us. She walked back and sat next to me. I handed her the plate.

"Thanks Newt, but you didn't have to."she said.

"Nah, it's okay."I said. She gave me a smile, then started eating.

After we finished dinner, me and Y/n took all the plates we and our friends used and took them to Frypan.

"Hey, you wanna go for a walk?"I asked Y/n when we were ready.

"Why not?"she asked, handing the plates she had to Frypan, who thanked her.

The two of us walked to the Beach, I held my hands in my pockets and she had her arms wrapped around herself. I think she was trembling.

"You cold?"I asked(So cliché) and she looked at me.

"A little."she said. I momentally slipped off my jacked and wrapped it over her shoulders.

"You didn't have to."she said, once again.

"It's okay."I said and she smiled at me. We stopped and turned to each other. Now or never, Newt."Y/n, I have to tell you something."I said.

"Tell me then."she said, the small smile still remaining on her face.

"I like you. Like, like like you. A lot and I had since I saw you first, before WICKED attacked us."I confessed

"Newt, I don't know what to say-"

"It's okay, I understand. You don't like me back, but can we at least stay friends?"I asked, rubbing the back of my neck. Really Newt? You thought a girl like her will like you?

"No Newt, I-I like you too. Like, like like you."she said, stepping closer to me. I stepped closer to her.

"That's....good."I said, looking at her lips, then back at her beautiful e/c eyes. I noticed her looking at my own lips. That's my cue. I leaned a little and saw her doing the same after a second. I pressed my lips to hers and she momentally kissed me back. She wrapped her arms loosely around my neck and I wrapped my own around her waist.

After a while, the two of us separated and looked at each other's eyes. She smiled at me and I smiled at her. Suddenly, we heard yells and cheering from afar. We both looked towards the fire to see our friends cheering. Y/n giggled and hugged me closer, burying her head in my chest. I tightened my grip around her. Yeah, that definitely is Paradise.

Also guys I just wanna tell you to go check out propertyoftheglue 's newest book. It's called 'The Transfers From Dauntless'. It's a The Maze Runner/Divergent AU and it's so good you have to check it out. That's all!