16 | s i x t e e n

" i see what you mean about shipping gabriella and chad " freja said to me during the big musical of the film.

just then, my phone buzzed. pulling it out and turning on the screen, i see there is a message from josh telling me to text him.

" can you give me a minute? " i ask frowning at my phone and standing up. my eyes were still glued to the phone.

i walked into the kitchen and started typing a message to josh.

tessa
what's up?

josh
you need to come home.

tessa
why?

josh
the doctors need to see you.

tessa
but i just got here.

tears were now forming in my eyes.

josh
tess. i'm sorry but it's important

tessa
josh please

tessa
ask if they can see me next week

josh
tess i already tried.

josh
i'm sorry.

tessa
josh... ask mum to beg the doctor
or something.

tessa
josh i beg

josh
mum tried

josh
she has put money in your bank
account so you can book your
flight home

tessa
josh

josh
i'm sorry

the tears left me eyes and started falling down my face. i couldn't bring myself to send a reply. locking my phone, i stare into the distance trying to take in what was happening.

there was a gentle knock at the door. i just turned into that direction to see harvey standing in the door way.

no words formed in my mouth but he must have known what the tears ment. he walked towards me slowly and pulled me into a hug. without hessitation, i wrapped my arms around his waist. his t-shirt became damp but it didn't stop him.

" i'm coming with you " he whispered in my ear.

" you don't have to "

" but i'm going to go anyway " he said pulling away and wipping a tear away from my cheek.

i walked back into the sitting room and grabbed the remote.

" hey! " all three of them said in sinc trying not to wake up the rest of the mills as i paused the film.

" guys just listen okay " i said causing them to calm down quickly.

they all looked at me waiting for an answer.

" you pregnant? " tom asked breaking the silence.

" no "

" you gonna marry harvey? " max asked after.

" no "

" tessa please don't say you're leaving again " freja asked.

of course freja would know. nothing goes over her head. i just stood there looking down at the ground with my hands in my pocket.

" the doctors want to see her " harvey said seeing that i was struggling to find the words.

" hold up. what do you mean the doctors want to see you? " max asked standing up now looking confused.

as harvey opened his mouth with only a centimetre between both his lips, i grabbed his wrist slightly to tell him not to say anything. it was me who needed to say something. not him.

" i have cancer " i peeped out.

tom stood up so he was in the same position as max. they both walked towards me and gave me a huge hug.

the tears were now out of control. with the tears streaming down my face, the only thought running through my head was that these were my true friends. wether they were a million miles away or just my next door neighbour. i loved them no matter what.

" we're coming with you wether you like it or not " freja said with a slight giggle and a smirk on her face.

i just rolled my eyes and smiled back at her.

we were all sat on the plane the next day. i was next to the window, harvey next to me, then it was tom and freja and max sat behind us.

there was a seat next to max that was vacant but not long after, the holder came along.

i turned around to see natasha mathews sitting next to max.

" could you do me a favour and fuck off " i say to her with a fake smile upon my face.

her death glare stared right through me. hatred filled her eyes. however, her that all dissapeared when she turned to max.

" hey maxi " she spoke in a firty way.

" like she said, fuck off " he repeated.

" maxi? " she asked sympatheticly.

can she just quit the act. we all knew she only wants to go out with him for one thing. clout. that's all she wants and she won't give up until she gets it.

" natasha. i have a girlfriend so for the last time, leave me alone. " he said turning to freja and kissing her on the cheek.

her smile turned to a frown. she wasn't impressed. not one bit. she grabbed her phone and started texting someone occasionally looking up at a different person of the group with a death glare.

»«
okay so this is kinda a longer chapter but oh well. i feel like natasha is like janis from friends by just appearing a  the most awkward moments. i just need her to say 'oh my god' more 😂

-charlie

p.s. / ops on max and freja's relationship?