14 | f o u r t e e n

stopping across the street from freja's house, we could see max walking towards it looking even more nervous than i had ever seen her.

he reached towards the door and knocked a couple of times. freja's mum appeared at the door and her smile faded at the sight of it. no words were spoken but freja's mum walked upstairs knowing exactly why max was there.

not long after, freja appeared in the door way. she didn't look great. she was still wearing yesterday's clothes and her eyes looked sore.

" what are you doing here? " freja asked.

max didn't reply. instead, he stepped towards freja and pressed his lips against hers gently holding her cheek. she didn't pull away. she didn't want to pull away.

i squeeled at the sight. knowing that they finally confessed their feeling brought a feeling of joy inside of me. just knowing that they are finally together lights a spark inside of me.

they pulled away slowly and freja just smiled. tilting her head so she could see around max, she noticed us standing. i quickly slapped harvey on the arm and started running back to his house.

we quickly ran through the back door so that max didn't know that we followed him but we were too late.

" where you been? " he asked clearly knowing the answer.

" on a walk " harvey said.

" okay fine. we followed " i blurted out.

there was no point in lieing. he would find out either way.

" why? " he asked still in a calm voice.

why was he staying so calm.

" nah i'm just kidding i don't care. " he said laughing to himself.

the boys sat on the sofa clicking the netflix button on the tv remote. not being able to stay, i gave harvey a kiss on the cheek and gave max a hug from behing.

" see ya later " i call blowing them a kiss before closing the door.

»«
sorry it is short but max and freja 💗 okay so i just want to say thank you for over 400 reads on this book. it means the world ☀️

-charlie