Epilogue

2 Years later

*Jess POV*

“Marry me Jess.”

I had my hand pressed against my mouth as I looked down at Alex who was kneeling on one knee. He had dyed his brown hair to a lighter brown to make his eyes stand out. His hazelnut eyes glowed with love as he looked up at me.

“Yes!” I screamed.

He gave me that smile that he gave me every day. The ring fit onto my finger perfectly. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he gave me a hug. He picked me up in his arms.

“Be careful of the baby!” I scowled him as he put me down.

“I’m sorry baby, I’m just so happy!”

The last two years went by so quickly. I moved with Alex to Florida to settle down. We managed to get a small flat and hope to buy a house later. I started working as nurse while Alex started as a doctor.

It was a good two years.

Lexy and Daniel found us and moved around the street to their own house. Lexy gave birth to her son last year and I was so happy for her. She looked so scared about having a child but we all helped her.

Nic was around most of the time. He comes and goes. He told us he is tracking the rogues to find out what they are doing. Reapers too. I was thankful he was doing that. It got them off our back.

It was sad that my father didn’t try to contact me. Not that I wanted him to do. It showed me that he really doesn’t care about me or Alex in the end.

A month after I ran away with Nic and Alex, I decided to visit Dylan’s family. It was a very risky move to take but I didn’t care. I was grieving at this time and needed to move on. I didn’t think his family would be welcoming to me but they were. They spoke how he always spoke of me when he sent letters to them. They gave me a letter that he wrote last which I started to read

(Letter above)

My eyes prickled with tears as I finished reading. He was the strongest rogue I knew and I was so upset that he was taken from us. I wouldn’t forget him ever.

Time was going quickly as we moved on with our lives. Weeks turned into months and time was passing. I gave birth to a girl who we named Abbi. Two years later, our James was born.

I put my foot down after our second child. I didn’t want too many. I don’t think my body could take it. Alex did feel the same and said two was enough. I had enough trouble to deal with from our two children.

I held James in my arms as Abbi was watching tv. She was only three and she was growing up too fast. I felt James move around in my arms before stopping and resting in my neck. I placed a small kiss on his temple before watching Abbi.

I heard the door open and Alex walked in wearing his doctor outfit. He walked over to Abbi and kissed her heard. She was too focused on the tv. He walked over to me and I leaned my head back to see him. He smiled against my lips as he kissed them.

“I invited Lexy and Daniel for dinner tonight, their children should be coming as well.” I whispered against his lips.

“What am I making?” he asked while still leaning over me.

“You can go and have a shower while I sort the food out, you stink.” I moved and sat up while still holding James and started to head towards the stairs. “Love you though.” I winked as I carried him upstairs.

I heard Alex laugh as I disappeared upstairs followed by Abbi shouting at him for being too loud.

I put James in his crib and went into the kitchen to start cooking. I could hear Abbi still watching the tv as I cooked. Her cartoons were loud enough to be heard throughout the whole house. I had decided to only make something light. Even I stayed at home all day to look after the kids I was still tired. Abbi and James were both so hyper in the morning and needed constant attention.

Lexy, Daniel, Johnny and Luke arrived soon after I started cooking. I was stood with Lexy in the kitchen just chatting with her. Alex was sat on the sofa with Daniel as they watched Abbi and Johnny. Those two were such best friends. Luke was sat in a high chair at the table and was sat there quietly. He was watching Lexy as she spoke.

“Does it scare you Jess?” she asked me.

“Does what scare me?” I asked as I stirred the sauce in the pan. I turned my head to look at her quickly.

“That your father and the other rogues could be watching you.”

“To be honest it does, I thought for the first year they were following me, watching my every move but that subsided. It has been almost five years since I last saw them, surely they would have found us by now.” I moved to grab the plates out of the oven. “Nic has been so helpful too, he keeps us notified if any rogues or reapers have been sighted.”

“Nic is a gem.” She smiled at me as she moved to sit at the able. “Dinner boys!” she yelled.

We all sat at the table enjoying my food and our company. I was blessed to have left the rogues behind. I hope I will never see them again. I had to enjoy the rest of my life without any more fighting. I can only hope they will stay away and never return.

*

8 Years Later

*Nic POV*

I lifted the cup to my lips and took a sip before returned my eyes to the window. I watched the people walk past going about their own business. I turned my attention back to my phone that buzzed a few times. I looked down at it and saw a text.

I’m here – 18:59

I downed the last of my coffee and stood up from my seat. I left the café and walked towards the park that was around the corner. I lifted my eyes and saw a person waiting for me. I approached them and took a seat next to them on the bench.

“You look well considering the past.” I stated as I looked at the view in front of us.

“I had suffered but have put that behind me.”

“I find that hard to believe Ethan.” I turned my head towards him.

He kept his head straight for a while before turning back to me. His green eyes were dark. An emotion was swirling around them and I didn’t know what.

“Believe what you want Nic, I am here for a reason and you know it.” His voice sounded dark like he was keeping his inner anger at bay.

It had been so long since I had seen him. Twelve years was a long time for him. For me, it felt like days.

“I know it too well, tell me exactly what you know.”

Ethan turned back so his face was looking ahead. I focused on him and saw he was wearing rogue clothes.

“The reapers are preparing Nic, they didn’t just die off and disappear. They have been building their numbers to attack us again. We have had some scouts to find them, we managed to find out what they are planning.” He paused as he turned back to me. “Another war is coming, it might not happen for another good few years but we know they are planning one. The reapers will never stop and you know that better than anyone.” His green eyes started to darken to a black.

“I do know it, the reapers do not stop plotting to kill the rogues. They never will.” I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I lifted it and saw a text from Jess. “What would you advise to do?”

Ethan sat back and a smirk rose on his lips. That was the Ethan I knew.

“I’ll keep you in the loop, I might require your assistance in the future getting back into Jessica and Alex’s good books.” His lips were still tugged into a dark smirk.

“I’ll do what I can but no promises.”

Ethan nodded and then his phone started to ring. He looked down at it and grinned.

“I have to leave you now Nic, I’ll be in touch.” He stood up before I could reply and answered his phone.

I watched as he walked away from me and into the distance. His words should scare me but they didn’t. This was the thing about having no emotions. It did keep me focused on the task at hand and I needed to be. I stood up from the bench and started to walk in the opposite direction. I lifted my phone and dialled a number and lifted it to my ear.

“Mrs King? It’s Nic. We have a problem.

*

Hi Guys,

Editing has now finished on this book so you can go ahead and read the sequel. Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers