Chapter 20

Time to speed things up.

*

*Jess POV*

Time was going fast. I hit six months yesterday since I came here. Today was the day I could meet a family member or friend. I had to decide between Alex and Lexy. It took me a while to make the decision. I finally decided to see Alex in the end. I did miss him and couldn’t wait to see him.

I sat in the training room, leaning against the wall next to the window. I was looking at some of the students hug their family members. I smiled as I saw Dylan bend down to a younger girl and pick her up. He grinned at her and gave a light kiss on her cheek. She was laughing at him. I remember him mentioning he had a younger sister who thought the world of him.

A knock at the door distracted me from my thoughts. I kept my focus on the window as I watched Dylan. I felt a small tap on my shoulder. I turned my head and saw Alice. She gave me a small smile.

“Your brother is here, should I send him up here?” she asked.

“No its fine, I’ll go. Thanks Alice.” I smiled at her.

I left the room and walked down the halls. I had forgotten to ask her where he is. I moved quickly through the halls and arrived at the main entrance. I peeked my head in and saw a figure sat at the seats.

I watched as Alex look at me and smile. He started to stand and stalk towards me. I wrapped my arms around him in a hug as he held me.

“God I missed you” he breathed in my ear.

“Ditto” I smiled in his neck.

We moved away from the entrance and I took him to my room. I knew Sam wouldn’t be there as she was seeing her father.

I took a seat on my bed before squeezing his hand. He took a seat next to me. I felt my smile fade as I saw his face in the light. There were faded bruises on his jaw and cheek. I let my fingers trace his bruises before he noticed. He shivered as I traced them. His hand grabbed my wrist to stop me from touching them.

“What happened Alex?”

He hesitated as he held my wrist. His hazelnut eyes were pale as they watched me. He looked in pain and it was hurting me.

“It’s nothing to be concerned about” he said quietly. He pulled his face away from my hand and turned fully to face me. “How is your training?”

I narrowed my eyes at him suspiciously as he changed the subject. I needed to find out more about why he had those bruises but for now I will play along.

“Just fine” I simply stated. “It’s not what I expected” I moved my eyes to Sam’s bed.

“What were you expecting?”

“I don’t know, I really don’t” I kept my eyes on Sam’s bed as I felt Alex watching me.

Deep inside I felt guilty from what I have done since coming here. I didn’t save Sam fast enough and she was now behind on her training. I had made some enemies from the other students which wasn’t looking great. The only person I trusted was Dylan and that scared me.

Rex was always out to get me and I had to watch my back wherever I went. I couldn’t rely on Dylan all the time to protect me. I had to defend myself. What was worst was that Sam didn’t speak to me anymore. She always ignored me when I was sat in the room.

I didn’t think too much about it. Maybe she wasn’t strong enough to become an elite scout. She was really scared when she saw a reaper. We can’t be scared when we seem them

A dark thought crossed my mind. I wasn’t becoming like father, was I? I shuddered mentally at the thought. The guilt from what I thought felt like a stab to my heart. I stood up suddenly and started to pace the room.

“Be honest with me Alex, do you think I’ll turn into father? Like his personality?”

My question seemed to hit him off balance as he blinked at me a few times and his eyes narrowed into a scowl.

“Why would you think that? You’re nothing like him Jess, don’t think you are” his tone was angry at my question which almost made me flinch. “Has something happened here to make you think that?”

“No,” I stopped walking. “Yes.”

I faced Alex and explained what happened with Sam. He listened without speaking as I explained everything. When I had stopped walking, I was close enough for him to touch me. When I had finished talking, Alex grabbed hold of my wrist and pulled me to him. I was sat on his lap and was facing him.

“What happened wasn’t your fault Jess, don’t blame yourself for it” he nuzzled his face into my neck. “She should have known the instructors wouldn’t put a reaper there without knowing”

I hummed in response which made him grab my waist and pull me tighter to him. His lips were running along my neck and up to behind my ear. He made his way to my sweet spot which he discovered before I left. I let out another hum as he carried on with his lips.

“Dammit Jess, you’re not supposed to let me carry on” he growled as he pulled away.

“I’m not complaining” I gave him a small smile. “No one will come into my room, everyone is outside”

Alex’s hazelnut eyes started to darken at my words. No more words were even needed. His lips were back on my neck. They ran up to my jaw until they pressed against mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he licked my bottom lip.

His arms held my waist tightly. He started to move so my back was against the mattress. I responded by wrapping my legs around his waist which earned me a growl from his lips. The thrill of doing this here was making my body shiver with a giddy feeling.

His hands traced the helm of my top before sneaking under and feeling my skin. His hands lifted my top so my stomach was exposed. His lips were hot as they ran along my stomach. His tongue darted out and licked a spot just underneath my bra. I let out another hum in pleasure as he continued.

He pulled away suddenly and I whimpered as he did. His eyes were dark as he looked down at me. His face showed hesitation.

“Tell me to stop Jess” he whispered. “Or else I don’t think I could if I continue”

I relaxed as his thumbs traced my waist. I didn’t want him to stop; I wanted him to keep on going so there was nothing between us. All the pain I had gone through to get here was enough to want him. I had never wanted something so much.

“Don’t stop” I breathed. “Keep going, please Alex”

That was enough to make him continue. His lips slammed against mine as he ripped my top and jeans off. I tugged his shirt and pants off as his lips trailed along my neck, near my collarbone then ran down my chest. Our underwear came off soon after.

We had lost ourselves within an hour of seeing him. The thrill of our forbidden love rose in my body as we continued our fuck. The pain came at first when he entered me then subsided into a forbidden pleasure.

I had memorised his body into my mind. All the scars he had, the scars from previous fights and the training he had done. Most of his scars had faded so they looked like small wires. The way his abs fitted in my hand as I moved my palm over them.

I let my eyes close as I leaned my head onto his chest from our session. His heartbeat thundered against my ear. His hand held my thigh as it tangled in his legs. His fingers started to tickle the skin where it held my thigh. My hand rested against his six-pack. I slowly traced each muscle which eased his breathing. His breathing was calm and he sounded at ease.

Two hours had passed since he came here and he left not long after we had sex. He left twenty minutes later. I knew it was coming. I could hear the sirens from outside telling us he had to leave with the other guests.

I saw more scars on his back when he was putting his shirt back on. More questions rose in my mind and I wanted to ask him but what he did before made me supress my questions. I tried to ask about his bruises but he brushed the question off. I wanted to ask him but I didn’t want to bring it up again.

I knew there was something he needed to tell me but he wasn’t going to bring it up. He looked in pain when I first saw him which made questions rise in my mind. What was his training like and what were they doing. I sat up on the bed and covered my chest with the sheets.

He pecked me on the lips before leaving. I watched him through my bedroom window get into the black car that brought him here leave. My heart stung as he drove out of the gates. Another six months would pass before I could see him again. I needed to keep the heartache out of my mind.

I quickly changed into my clothes and left the room. I ran down the halls and ran outside. I saw Dylan leaning against the tree I normally sat at when I was studying. I approached him and took a seat next to him. Our arms touched as I sat down. He turned his head to face me and gave me a small smile. I returned it.

I leaned back so my back rested against the truck of the tree. We said nothing as we sat there. No words were needed. We were both hurting from seeing our family members leave this place. The silence was comforting and was what we needed right now.