"I do."

"And you would do anything for her, wouldn't you?"

"I would."

"So perhaps, by chance, she would use you for her own benefit?"

"Never." Taehyung glares at the man in front of him, "Why would she ever use me?"

"Why wouldn't she use you, Mr. Kim? You're a young and naïve man, she could have you wrapped around her little finger and you wouldn't even know it!"

CiCi has been forcefully biting her tongue during the entire altercation, she wanted to butt in, she wanted to scream at Mr. Chyeong for trying to confuse Taehyung, for trying to make her seem like a bad person. But she knew she could jeopardize her case, so she bit her tongue harshly and waited for this mess to be over.

"Do you have any point?" Taehyung raises his brow, "All you've been asking me is my relations towards Miss Sullivan and trying to accuse her of brainwashing me. If you don't have anything left to ask, I would like to go back sitting next to my girlfriend, please."

"I do have plenty of questions to ask you, Mr. Kim." Mr. Chyeong giggles like a school girl, "What made you want to stay in this business of man hunting?"

"It's not a business," Taehyung deplored and he held his hands tightly together, "How many times do we have to tell you? There's nothing about this that makes it a business! And to answer your question, Mr. Chyeong, I stayed in this because I not only wanted to protect CiCi, but I wanted to help her help others. We didn't just save women, we've saved men as well! Almost half of those victims were men, and unlike you, they appreciate the help that we gave."

Mr. Chyeong didn't know what else to say, all of his questions were answered, but not in the way he had hoped. He hoped that Taehyung would fall for the word play, he hoped that if he planted the thought of possible betrayal from CiCi that Taehyung would go against her, but his plan failed, Taehyung was smarter than he thought.

Taehyung was dismissed back to his seat and CiCi was called to the stand next. As CiCi was standing up, Taehyung pressed a discreet kiss to her cheek. Although it was something she was used to, she found confidence and security in his actions.

Mr. Chyeong went first again, CiCi raised an unamused brow as she stares at the man.

"The star of the show, the woman who brings the kidnapped victims home and kills the kidnappers on sight, Korea's precious savior, Miss Ciline Sullivan." CiCi's blank expression didn't phase as she glares daggers into the man, she was beyond enraged, but she had to keep her cool, just a little bit longer. Once this was all over, she would be able to search for you, to bring you back home.

"Are you not the least bit guilty of your crimes?"

"What crimes do you speak of? I know nothing on what you proclaim." CiCi holds her chin up and lightly presses her tongue to the inside of her cheek.

"Thievery, murder, deceit, forgery, stalking, whichever you prefer, Miss Sullivan. Are you not guilty on any of them?"

"No—"

"Of course you aren't," Mr. Chyeong waves her statement off and continues his ramble, "You weren't ever guilty of those crimes because you believed you were doing the right thing."

"I did do the right thing."

"The right thing by stealing information? Killing people? You think that's the right thing?"

"I didn't steal anything, and I wouldn't have killed anyone if they didn't try to kill me first!" CiCi digs her nails into her palm, "I had to protect myself as well! My life is important, too!"