I nodded slowly and started to mess with his hair, pushing the newly dyed locks back from his forehead and smiling a bit as they fell back into the position they were in, "I like your hair, it's cute."

The younger boy smiled softly and brought his hand up to smooth it down, "You think so?"

I hummed in response, bringing my arms back to hug his waist, "Absolutely adorable." I whispered against his cheek, the tips of my lips brushing his smooth skin with each syllable.

Jungkook shyly shook his head and angled his eyes down away from my stare.

We stayed like that for a few moments, the silence comfortable and neither one of us bothered by anything. Or so I thought.

The smile Jungkook wore just now was pure and sweet, lighting my night and the spark in my chest. But now as he glances up at me, the trace of a smile lingers but the same sadness remained in his bright eyes and I wondered what was so wrong. This was beyond my doing. And I feared my words from days before may have triggered a downward spiral into the issues he's been running from for so long. But he'd no longer be falling down, as tight as my arms were around him now I promised myself to keep him up for as long as I could. No part of my ever wanting to see this precious boy sad.

"Taehyung," Jungkook spoke and I hummed in response, too tired for words as the time ticked by creeping closer to morning hours, "I need your help tomorrow."

"With what?"

"Cleaning some things up," he said after some thought, "At my apartment. I can't do it myself." he explained.

I nodded, wanting to ask more about everything but knowing tonight wasn't the right time, "Okay, now get some sleep."

Jungkook nodded and shifted closer into my side, tucking himself under my arm as my other hand rests on his hip underneath the sheets. My eye lids drifted shut, but I remained awake listening to the breathes coming from beside me, only waiting until they became softer to know he was fully asleep. Finally getting some rest I knew he hasn't been getting.

It didn't take long for me to follow, losing myself in a deep sleep that only seemed seconds long.

It was the sunlight peering in through my open curtains and the cold emptiness besides me that pulled me from my sleep. The clock on my wall said it was just before noon, and the emptiness beside me told me Jungkook was gone.

The sudden coldness was strange, my hands grabbing for something that wasn't there while I sat up and tried to fully awaken. It didn't register that someone was in the kitchen until I blinked a few times and came to my senses.

The sink was running and Jungkook stood with his back to me as I exited my bedroom. He was washing something and there was a burning smell wafted through the apartment.

The raven haired boy spun around with a plate in his hands, jumping a bit in fright.
"Shit, Tae, I didn't hear you."

"What are you doing Kookie." my voice was low and still sounded funny from just waking up. I could feel my eyes shutting again involuntarily and the swollen nature to them as my body begged for a few more minutes of rest.

Jungkook walked over to the small island and set the plate down, "I made you breakfast," he said, coming to grab my hand and tug me over, "Well I made us breakfast."

The plate was piled with what looked like a very nice vegetable omelet and two bowls accompanying it, one with cooked rice and beans while the other had tofu with soy sauce. "Where's yours?" I asked, noticing the lack of another meal before glancing over at the younger boy.

"It burnt."

I hummed a little and nodded, slowly waking up a bit more. The food looked amazing and better than anything I'd make myself, which consists of heating up leftover takeout. I pulled out the stool underneath the island and sat down, grabbing a fork and starting to cut off a piece of the omelet. "I'm not really hungry anyways so it's cool." Jungkook assures.

He would have tried to walk away, but my hand firmly clasping his prevented it; instead, tugging his body closer. My arm went around his waist and Jungkook was on my lap a moment later, "I can share."

So we ate. I complimented his cooking skills while genuinely trying to inhale everything at once and Jungkook kept laughing finding it funny. We both had our fill with him getting the last bite of each dish since he rightfully deserved them for cooking.

"I'll clean up," Jungkook said, getting off my lap a bit too soon and picking up the plates. He walked over to set them in the sink and myself followed soon after, "We can clean later." I whispered softly, hands moving around his small waist to close the distance, my chest snug against his back and lips close to his ear.

Jungkook's hands froze over the sink and I could feel his stomach muscles tense through the thin cotton of his shirt, only reminding me of the toned torso he has and those abs I so dearly wanted to kiss every inch of. Whatever's gotten into me had me craving Jungkook and his touch.

"Tae.." he trailed off softly, a light sigh escaping when I left a light kiss below his earlobe. "Hmm." I hummed against his neck, leaving small kisses on the smooth skin.

There was a sound coming from the younger boy, almost a small whine he fought so hard to hold back but was unsuccessful in the end. I smirked against his neck and nibbled on the skin gently, enjoying the feeling of him squirming around in my arms.

A knock echoed through the apartment, my attention completely diverted purely towards the now peach haired boy in my arms, but he seemed to be distracted now. "Taehyung," he choked out, "The door."

"We're not home." I assured, continuing my assault on his neck as he started to turn in my arms, front facing me now.

"Tae-" I cut him off by kissing his lips this time, the younger obliging immediately and moving his soft ones against mine.

His sudden change of heart was amusing, me being the one to pull away this time with a subtle smirk dancing across my face, "Look how obedient."

Jungkook's cheeks changed colors so quick, once a honey tan was now painted in pink, the tips of his ears red.

I'm sure mine matched a moment after my front door swung open and the voice of my little sister echoed, "Taehyung?" she complained.

"What!" I snapped, feeling my breath quicken as I jumped back from Jungkook. I didn't mean to shout or anything, it was simply the sudden fact that I was pressed against another man in front of family who believed that part of my life was over with.

I avoided glancing over at Jungkook, not knowing what his reaction was at the moment. Probably shocked as well, since a strange girl just barged in. But that was a topic for another time. "What do you want Nari?"

"Who's this?" she asked. It was obvious who she was referring to, my stomach dropping as no words came to mind. Who was Jungkook to me really.

The thought made my stomach drop, the fact that it should be easy to introduce someone as a friend. But by doing that I have eliminated the possibility of anything else, and by not doing that I've opened the doors to many problems I've been running from for so long.

HAPPY JUNGKOOK DAY

• ♡ •HAPPY JUNGKOOK DAY