"Step any closer to the girl and I'll cut you to pieces myself" (Y/N) said in a monotone as she jumped from the roof and landed in front of the girl swiftly.

She stood up and extended her sword outwards, like an extension of her arms. Up close he was even bigger than she thought. Reaching 6'3, he was practically towering over her.

The ghoul cackled, "the White Rabbit huh? What a treat for me. I will love tearing your sweet flesh with my teeth," his sharp tongue darted out of his mouth as he licked it ravenously.

(Y/N) tilted her head to the side, her back still to the girl. "Get out of here.." She ordered, still facing the huge ghoul.

The girl stared up at (Y/N) in awe, frozen in place.

When (Y/N) didn't hear any movement she turned and saw the girl still standing there, staring up at her, wide eyed.

"Leave." She snapped, and the girl blinked rapidly. She nodded vigorously and quickly ran.

"Oh no you don't Chew Toy," the ghoul growled and released his kagune, aiming the sharp tentacle-like daggers at her.

The girl gasped and shut her eyes, wincing as she sheilded her arms over her face, waiting silently for the impact. When nothing happened she slowly peaked and her eyes widened when she saw (Y/N) standing in front of her, her sword outstretched and pieces of the kagune by her feet.

The ghoul roared in rage as his kagune regenerated at an incredible speed. He extended his kagune towards them again, this time with faster and with much more force.

"Leave. Now!" (Y/N) roared and jumped up, dodging the tentacles and deflecting the others.

The girl staggered backwards and quickly ran. She stopped halfway and turned. She saw the feminine, slim figure clad in black jump into the air gracefully, and deflect the ghoul's kagune with her long sword effortlessly. It was almost as like watching a graceful dancer, it made her feel envious of how she could move so fast. It was mesmerizing.

The girl swallowed and turned around, running away from the scene as fast as her stubby legs could carry her. One thing was for sure, she would never forget that mask.

(Y/N) gasped as the ghoul's kagune slammed towards her continuously, with the thundering strength behind its blows her sword slipped from her grip, only for a second but that was all it took. The kagune slapped her sword away from her hand and the next thing she knew, it grabbed her by the leg and threw her across the alley.

She gasped as she hit the wall, crating it behind her. She slid down and coughed out blood. She obviously underestimated her opponent.

The ghoul licked his lips as he stared down at her with hungry eyes. His kagune grabbed her again by her feet and threw her across the alley, smashing her against the wall and then tossing her towards the wall adjacent to it.

She whimpered as she hit the wall, feeling a bone crack. She gasped and coughed out more blood.

"Not so invincible, are you?" The ghoul cocked his head to the side as he peered down at her, mocking her.

She groaned and slowly got up, stumbling back as she did so. Her body had cuts and bruises from being slammed into the brick walls repeatedly. Her head was ringing and she was sure she broke a rib or two.

The ghoul laughed tauntingly. She wiped the blood from her lips with the back of her hand and took out two dagger from her jacket.

"I'm not done yet," she growled and ran forward. He smirked and his kagune snapped towards her with so much speed, the wind howled towards her with plummeting force.

She skillfully dodged and twirled, the dagger in her arms flowed almost as an extension of her hands, as she sliced through his kagune swiftly.

He gasped in pain and shock. She gave him no time to recover. She continuously sliced through it as he screamed, moving closer with every slice. Once she got close enough she sliced his chest repeatedly with an almost inhuman speed. When she finally stopped, he was covered in blood, his eyes wide.

"H-how . . . " he choked on his blood as he stumbled forward and fell on his knees. He was shocked that someone as small as her could kill him.

(Y/N) was panting, she had cuts and bruises all over her, but not as badly damaged as the unfortunate ghoul.

"I told you I'd slice you up." She breathed and pushed him back. Blood pooled around his body as soon as it landed on the concrete floor.

Black spots covered her vision as she stumbled backwards, her daggers slipping from her hands.

She fell on her knees and took off her mask. Her whole body ached and she gave in to the pain, falling back.

The moon shone clearly, the bright moonlight made everything seem enchanting, casting a magnificent glow on everything it touched. That was all she could focus on as her eyelids went heavy.

Suddenly a figure moved from the shadows. She fought to stay conscious but she knew she was doing a terrible job at that.

"Idiot. Why'd you have to be so selfless all the time." A voice scowled in a low annoyed tone. It was amazing how, even in an almost unconscious state, her heart could speed up at the sound of his voice.

The next thing she knew a hand slipped under her legs and neck. She suddenly felt lightheaded as she was lifted up effortlessly by a pair of strong arms. She forced her eyes to open and instantly her eyes met with a pair of familiar cold clear blue eyes.

Ayato craddled her to his chest, holding her as if she were the most precious thing on the face of the planet.

"A-Ayato-kun . . . " she whimpered, pressing her face against his chest, her eyes screwing shut.

His gaze softened immensely as he stared down at her, a ghost of a smile on his lips.

"Shhh. I'm here." As the words slipped off his tongue, her lips tilted up into a small happy smile, despite the pain, despite everything. She slipped into unconsciousness as he carried her away in his arms.

She knew she was safe. She was safe anywhere, as long as Ayato Kirishima was there.

____

A/N; Dearest readers, the seventeen year old girl in this chapter is pretty important, not for this story, but for another story I'm planning for the future, obviously she is my OC and will cross paths with you, the reader, a few times in this story in future chapters. Her story, is a Juuzou fanfiction that I am planning to publish soon. Hopefully you guys can read if you're interested enough😊