10: a new beginning

*this escalates pretty quick*

Taehyung started at Hoseok, who seemed to be turning green. "What's wrong? Are you scared of heights?" They were standing on a beautiful bridge, overlooking the river below. The sky was a magnificent light blue, and the stream were surrounded by green grass and tall trees.

The older boy could only nod in reply before stumbling back.

"Well if you didn't want to come here, we could have gone somewhere else." Taehyung offered. "Do you want to leave?"

"No, I'm happy anywhere as long as I'm with you." Hoseok said loudly, Taehyung was utterly baffled. He knew that Hoseok was loud, but honestly, he was practically screaming!

"Well...If you really want to." Hoseok suddenly grabbed Taehyung's hands and the younger gave Hoseok a weird look.

"Why did you just-"

Hoseok pulled Taehyung in and crashed their mouths together. Taehyung glared at Hoseok and tried to ask why he was doing this, but he couldn't. He was trapped. Hoseok pushed Taehyung against the bridge wall, half of his body hanging precariously over the edge. Hoseok let his hands wander up the younger's shirt and Tae kicked his shin hard. He shuddered as he felt Hoseok's tongue wandering in and let out an accidental moan. After what seemed like hours, Hoseok let go, both of them panting.

"Why the fuck did you do that?"

"Don't swear, you're still a young child." He scolded. "I did it because I wanted to okay?"

"Ho-Hoseok?" Taehyung snapped his head to stare at Yoongi, who was as pale as a ghost. His blood ran cold. "Did you just cheat on me with Tae?"

The youngest gulped and tried to sneak away as Yoongi grabbed his shirt and pulled him roughly back. "I can't believe you fucking cheated on me! And with this prick! Like, couldn't you have picked someone better?"

"Hey!"

"At least he's better than you!" Hoseok snapped. "At least I didn't cheat on you with Park freaking Jimin!"

"Are you fucking accusing me of cheating on you!"

"What else does it look like? I saw you hugging him, and the both of you were blushing. You were going to kiss him, admit it!"

"No I wasn't! I was jus-"

"Forget it. We're over."

Hoseok turned away, brushing Taehyung. "Come with me Tae." He said softly. "I can protect you, and be your friend."

His eyes looked back at Hoseok's hollowly. Someone had said something that to him before.

"Okay I'll kick it to you!" Taehyung bounced up and down on the field, the sun glaring at them. Jin gave him a thumbs up, and as he kicked the ball, he felt he himself being kicked. He looked confused at his feet, wondering if he kicked himself.

He sniffed the air and smelt something sweaty, and realized he stood in a shadow. He looked up and saw an older boy leering at him.

Jin soon ran over and beat him up, although he himself suffered some injuries.

"Did he hurt you bad, Tae?" The brown haired boy just shook his head, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Then why are you crying?"

"Because you're hurt!"

"That's ok. I like you so I'm going to protect you. Don't worry."

Taehyung nodded, still teary eyed. "No one has ever done something like this before."

"Well then, get used to it. I'm your eomma now. I can protect you, and be your friend."

Taehyung took a step back. History was repeating himself.

"I can be your friend." Hoseok repeated.

"No!" Taehyung pushed past him, and ran. He ran through the woods, bushes scratching at him, branches snapping. Woodland creatures running away. He ran all the way to the orphanage.

"Ah, there you are!" The orphanage stood on the front steps, smiling at Taehyung. "Someone wants to see you."

"I don't want to see Jin."

"It's not Jin." Mrs. Byun smiled.

"Then who is it?" Taehyung stared. He wasn't in the right mood for any of this.

"Your new family." She smiled so widely that Taehyung wondered if she was okay. "You're finally being adopted!"

Taehyung gaped at her. He was...adopted?

"It's not adoption day." He said, still not comprehending what she was saying. Were they really that excited to see him? Adoption day was the day where the orphanage gives an extra five percent child care fee on top of the government's and normally people wait until adoption day...Taehyung knew that meant his new family was excited to see him.

Targeting followed Mrs. Byun, heart pounding. What were they like? Were they rich? Did they have ponies? Mrs. Byun led him closer and closer to her office.

Today has been such a whirlpool of emotions. Confusion, anger, sadness, excitement, and an emotion he hadn't felt in a long time. Hope.

And then, they were there. Taehyung poked his head in. Inside was a middle aged women, with a tight black bun atop her head. She wore a blue silk dress that wrapped around her body tightly. Next to her, was a sullen boy that Taehyung suspected was more or less the same age as him. He had brown hair, and his nose was crinkled in annoyance much rather like a bunny.

"Mrs. Jeon. This is the boy you requested."

She smiled, eye crinkles appearing. "A pleasure to meet you. My name is Mrs. Jeon."

"H-hello. I'm Taehyung."

"Kim Taehyung." Mrs. Byun corrected, for the sale of formality.

"Kim?" She sniffed. "He'll be a Jeon Taehyung from now on."

Taehyung smiled uneasily at her. A bit put-off by this cold woman, he timidly asked who the boy beside her was. Even though he swore he saw the boy somewhere.

What was his name? I remember his face, but not his name. Who is he?

Taehyung opened his mouth in surprise. Ah....Him.

"Him? He's my son. Jungkook."

Jungkook.

●●●

A/n I haven't updated in a reallllllly long time. School is around the corner, so I've been super busy writing new chapters so I can focus on school better. Super sorry! ALSO HAPPY BIRTHDAY KOOK THIS WAS THE PERFECT CHAPER FOR YOU TO BE INTRODUCED.

edited heavily