01 : slam book

Slam book rules:1

Slam book rules:
1. Everyone must participate
2. Vote for the dumbest, smartest, funniest, lamest, hottest, and ugliest in the school
3. Leaving other comments on people's pages is encouraged
4. Pass it on to the next person after you are done.
5. Do not ruin the book
6. Do not let a teacher see the book

Breaking of these rules will result in punishment.

Jin fanned himself in the crowded auditorium. There was a distinct hum from fans whirring around, and Jin cursed himself from sitting too far away from them.

Taehyung who was a row in front of Jin, turned around, bored with his studies. He showed Jin his gleaming teeth and Jin smiled back, although somewhat grudgingly.

"Go back to studying." He hissed. "You'll get in trouble if you don't."

Taehyung smiled again and rolled his eyes. Obviously he didn't care about detention like Jin did. Then again, he also wasn't a straight A student like Jin was.

"I'm serious." Jin tried to keep his voice down, a few students were glaring at him. "Don't you have a test next week?"

"Yeah."

"Go study then!" He hissed, earning himself a loud 'shush!' from a nearby teacher.

Taehyung pouted, and turned back around. He couldn't concentrate on his maths - algebra just really wasn't his thing and for some reason, his eyes kept on darting to a boy two seats beside him. He was quite tall, and by the fast, smooth movements of his hand, Taehyung could tell that he was almost done studying. He sighed. The boy was in his class and his name was Namjoon.

He was older, and really cute. Dimples would appear on his cheeks when he smiled and he was shy and clumsy.

Jin noticed it then. Not again. The slam book. It was a thick notebook decorated crudely with the words on it. The book was being passed around.

Taehyung noticed it too. "What's that?" He asked, a bit too loudly, earning him a shush and a glare from a teacher. The battered cover and scribbles on the front made it hard for Taehyung to decipher the notebook's title.

"You'll see." Namjoon muttered, his face full of dread as the notebook was passed to him. He read the words on the page and he hid his face in shame. It was because of the slam book that he was more concious of what other people thought of him. It was because of the slam book that he cut himself.

The comments listed next to his name was written boldly and angrily, someone had drew a moustache and beard over his picture, and Namjoon was horrified at the comments people had written.

"Nerd." "Freak." "Faggot." "You think you know everything when you don't."

and

"Can you stop being so clumsy?" "You look so ugly." "I hope you die lonely." "You don't even look Korean."

Of course, there were some nicer comments too, but Namjoon paid no attention to those. Only the hate comments got to him. He voted himself as the smartest obviously, and took a quick glance at Jin, before voting him as the hottest. He filled the rest quickly and passed it to the next person.

When Taehyung got the slam book, Jin tapped his shoulder with his pen and gave the boy a glare. "Give that book to me right now."

"No!" Taehyung hissed back. "Did you see the rules? I'm not supposed to!"

"Just give it!" Jin growled, his normally calm facial expressions were like the sea today. Sometimes calm and serene, other times a storm.

Jin didn't want Taehyung to read the horrors inside the slam book. Some comments that people wrote were like a stab in the heart. Painful, cruel, and sad. Jin didn't want to expose Tae to this evil.

"No!" Taehyung yelled, and a teacher looked up from his book. She got up and made her way up the aisle.

Taehyung started to panick...Rule number six....I can't show this to a teacher....

"What are you boys fighting over? Hand it over to me right now."

It was like a wave effect. Over a two hundred students turned their heads to stare at Taehyung who was paralyzed from fear and shock.

Jin snatched the book from Taehyung's hands and shoved it into his school bag before the teacher came over. His face went beet red when he pulled out the first other book in his bag. His porn book. God dammit.

"Hand that over right now young man." Mrs. Byun snapped. With a tomato face, he handed over the book, in which the teacher's eyes widened. "I'll be confiscating that!" She looked furious and some students were struggling to contain their laughter. Rumors would start flying soon. "And you'll be seeing me after school." She added with a scowl.

Truth untold, Mrs. Byun wasn't too mad, it was only a book and secretly, the only reason why she took the porn book away was so that she could read it herself. The students already knew this, when they saw her reading one through her office window.

"What was that book?" Taehyung's eyes widened. There were pictures of girls in bikinis lying on a hood of a car, grinning sexily as they kicked their lips.

"None of your business!" Jin snapped. Some students were pointing at him and whispering to one another.

"Jin watches porn."
"What was that book?"
"I bet he secretly touches himself."
"I'm scared to wear a skirt in front of him now..."
"He's a pervert."

Taehyung looked at the slam book, which was only partly concealed in his bag.

"You're not touching that." Jin snapped and Taehyung turned back to his studies, furious.

"Fine then." He said coolly. "As long as there's no porn for you, we're even."

Jin glared at the back of Taehyung's head and then opened the slam book.
He flipped to Taehyung's page, and saw that Taehyung had at least fifty people write on his page.

"I'm your noona :)"
"You're so cutee!"
"You'll grow up to be more handsome than Jin!"

That last comment hurt him. Taehyung had fifty-three votes. Jin flipped to his own page.

"Taehyung's better than you!"
"You're so handsome!"
"Do you watch porn?"
"You and Taehyung are pretty cute.."

Jin looked at the votes. Forty-five. And was left aghast that he was voted ugliest by two. He had won every year he was at this school. There was only two more rows behind him....Jin doubted he would win..

Biting his lip, he added ten more ticks next to his name and erased ten from Taehyung. Cheating wasn't normally his thing, but he needed the title. He smiled thinly as he passed the slam book on.

●●●
edited my bad grammar