Chapter Thirty One | The Battle Begins

I had never felt so calm.Despite the wind whistling in my ears,the fluttering of my clothes and the thousands of spells being fired at me I was calm.I didn't get hit by a spell once,using a shield of wind that ricocheted any spell fired at me.I got closer to the ground,preparing my body to be ready for the impact.I landed in front of the troops,looking up at them all.They stopped in their tracks as they watched my quick movements.In only a second they had been blasted backwards once I chanted a new spell.The first few lines flew back,I stood up.The wind blew my hair to the side,from their view I must've looked terrifying.

I crouched down,lifting my butt and legs up to the air.Wind built up behind my feet,then at the right moment I lunged forward creating a sword of wind as I ran through them.I did a handspring of a group of mages,only to turn to them and push them back.I didn't have mercy for them,they were my enemy.They had hurt thousands of people by holding them against their will.They abused and tortured them.They hurt my friends,my guild and my family.If they were heartless towards those I cared about,then I would not give a second glance towards their limp bodies.I did what they did to thousands of others.

"She's crazy!Fight back!"

I smirked,I felt a large gust of wind almost knock me down.I looked over and saw a huge cloud of dust.I furrowed my eyebrows,seeing the dragon wing spread from Natsu.He was more of a dragon then the rest of us,when he was pissed off and filled with power half of his body would look like Igneels.From my distance even I could hear him screaming,"Where is my wife you idiot!"yelled Natsu.I sighed,hearing his voice.Even now as an adult,his teen like manners always come out in the end.I ignored Natsu,flying through the men and dodging their spells.I wasn't going to lose,I had to get Kasai back.

I'm not sure how long I danced through the soldiers,all I knew was that by the time I was sure each and everyone was no longer breathing I was exhausted.Gajeel,Natsu and I met up.Someone was bonded by Gajeel's iron handcuffs."Tell us what Hisao is planning!"yelled Natsu.The man shook his head,shaking in fear.I didn't blame him for shaking,after all having the mage who defeated Zeref stand before him with power radiating off him was something terrifying."Look he doesn't tell us anything!"said the man.

"Bullshit!Where are you hiding the hostages?Tell me!"

Gajeel stood there with his arms crossed."Just tell us and we'll let you go peacefully,"said Gajeel.He was calm but we all knew in reality if he was in the same state as Natsu he would lose his shit."No,I can't!"yelled the man,tears now flowing down his face.He was either really weak or hiding a secret.I pushed Natsu,"let me speak to him,"I said.I kneeled down,looking at him.I gave him a smile,I was going to be kind and if that didn't work...I hadn't gotten that far.

"Please,we're all suffering.Look around you,everyone but you is either dead or passed out.My son has been taken away by Hisao,he's two years old and he needs medical attention urgently because someone cursed him.Natsus entire family is gone and Gajeels kids are gone.Please,just tell us where they are so we can bring them home safely.Tell us everything you know,please."

The man looked at me,then at the other two dragon slayers."Hisao took our families as well,those who don't join him are forced to by blackmail.He killed my baby girl!Im not sure where he's hiding your kids,but I know his plans.Is that enough?"asked the man.I looked back at Gajeel and Natsu,who seemed a bit more satisfied.I turned back,"I'm Wendy.Whats your name?"I asked."My name is Le,"said Le.I nodded,I looked around.It seemed no one who was still alive would wake up for a while."Okay Le,tell us as much as you can,"I said.Le nodded.

"Hisao plans to attack Magnolia,then slowly take over the rest of Fiore.He wants to have an army big enough to attack Crocus and with Magnolia under his control he could.He wants revenge I guess against mages.We've been using the tunnels underneath magnolia for months to plan this attack-my guess is those kids are being held captive in the Dragons Heart."

"Wait,revenge against mages and Dragon Heart?"asked Natsu,stepping forward.Le looked between the three of us before sighing,he looked down."Hisao isn't who you think it is,Hisao died when his former army was taken down.Hisao was reborn again,it's why he's so powerful compared to what he was a few years ago.He wants revenge because you took everything away from him,so he's taking everything from you,"said Le.I looked back at Natsu and Gajeel,remembering how years ago just as I turned fifteen they held me captive.Had Romeo not found me,I'm not sure what would've happened."Whats the Dragons Heart?"asked Gajeel.

"The Dragons Heart...underneath Magnolia in the caves there's huge bones,believed to be some dragon that came from a guild before Fairy Tail was created.Im not sure the name of the guild but they were evil,and one day when some mages-your first leader Mavis fought them.Hisao is there now,I know that."

I looked back at Gajeel and Natsu again,nodding."We're not letting you out of the chains,but we thank you for giving us information.The imperial army will be here soon for you,"I said.The man nodded,I looked up in the sky.I saw Happy,Carla and Lily circling above us checking for anymore people to fight.Natsu called the exceeds down,"take us to Erza,"said Natsu.Carla picked me up and began flying.

The caves...he's been here the entire time under our noses and we haven't known!It would explain so much!But the caves...the caves...what about the caves is so important...?

My eyes widened in horror."The kids!The safe kids are hiding in the caves!"I shouted,I looked at Gajeel and Natsu.Instantly Carla got faster,desperately needing to get us to Erza.Finally the guild hall came into site.I was dropped to the ground,I ran towards Erza."Erza!We defeated the army but we need the kids out of the caves now!"I yelled.I looked around widely.Parents looked around concerned."What's going on?"asked Jellal.

"Hisao is hiding under Magnolia in the caves-exactly where the kids are hiding.We need them out-they can go somewhere else but right now we need to hurry.We can't let Hisao get them either!"

Erza glanced around,she thought.Then she quickly whispered in Stings ear,he nodded.I felt a warm hand slip into mine,I squeezed it tightly knowing the familiar rough warm skin of Romeo.Then Erza stood up from where she had been sitting,she equiped and a long spear formed in her hand.Her eyes went over us,each and every mage had her eyes on them.Her power gave us hope,we'd win.We had too,we had to much to lose.

"If Hisao wants a battle we'll give him one.Let us go show Hisao the true power of Fairy Tail and Sabertooth and that we are no force to be reckoned with!"