Inside Your Heaven - Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A New Girl in Town

            Tracy Nielsen was simply ecstatic.

            “So… you got Dawson hooked up before he even met the girl?” Teased Warren Dixon, her boyfriend who also goes to PCU.

            “Well, it’s high time he got to experience some real love,” Tracy countered like a five year old. “I mean, c’mon…”

            “Y’know he still with Amanda Daniels?” Warren said pointedly.

            “Ugh, don’t remind me,” Tracy groaned. “I can’t believe he’s still with that mutant Barbie. Not to mention that she’s queen B…”

            “Yeah, no kidding,” Warren agreed. “Her nasal voice and her bossiness matches that clacking stilettos of hers that I swear I can hear all the way from PCU.”

            The both of them laughed.

            “So… going back to the subject, why do you want Dawson to hook up with someone else?” Warren asked.

            “Well, the girl that Gwen told me about was, and I quote, ‘the bomb’, which, in Gwen’s dictionary, means hot…” Tracy said with a chuckle, and Warren just shook his head.

            “You are up to your matchmaking again, are you?” Warren confirmed. “And along the way, you are going to get rid of Amanda?”

            “Maybe…  Anyway, hot or not, I kinda feel that there’s something really good that’s going to happen, and I feel it has to do with that girl,” Tracy said, and she knew it in herself that when she feels it, it could never go wrong.

            Gwendolyn Jones, or Gwen as she likes to be called, was spending some time alone in her dorm. Well, for the most part of her afternoon that is. Gracie the receptionist had informed her that she would be having a new roomie. She was glad that she had someone else to share a room with, as east dorm girls often prefer to have rooms to themselves.

            “She had arrived early, so you would probably run into her when you go in,” Gracie had said, and run in had indeed happened.

            “Oh, you must be Gwendolyn,” a girl had greeted her. She was a bit skinny, but her figure was a killer. She had long straight auburn hair that fell elegantly to her upper back, a full set of pinkish lips, an elegantly shaped nose, and warm, chocolate toned eyes set in a heart shaped face. And as for her fashion sense… well, for sure, that yellow tank top and black shorts, though simple, is quite something else to see.

            “I’m Angelie Hayes,” the girl introduced. “I’m a freshman here at PCU.”

            “Oh, nice to meet you,” Gwen said with a smile as she went and hugged her. “Gwendolyn Jones, but you can call me Gwen.”

            “Nice to meet you too,” Angelie said. “Anyway, I was just about to go stroll down the beach, wanna come?”

            “Nah, maybe later,” just then, and idea came into Gwen’s mind. “Or… you could join me and my friends for some luau later.”

            “Really?” Angelie said, brightening up, but frowning slightly afterward. “But wouldn’t I be intruding on your reunion with your friends?”

            “Oh, don’t worry about it,” Gwen assured. “We’ll meet up around six, and you should come. You’ll like them, and I’m sure they’ll like you!”