Chapter 14 ✨

Day 8 Part 2 - "Classmates? Playmates?"

"Quick, Taehyung, hand me that slipper!" Jin screamed, pointing at the Gucci ones placed on the shelves next to the younger male.

"What the heck? Sasaeng? No, I-"

"She's the friend I've mentioned to you guys," Jungkook interrupted after coming inside the house.

They all scanned me from head to toe and I suddenly became conscious of my appearance.

A sudden outburst of excitement came afterwards, and they all ran up to me and hugged me, screaming and laughing.

I could ascend happily now...

"Welcome to Korea, Y/N!"

"Omg, a friend of Jungkook!"

"You're an ARMY?"

"You have a boyfriend?"

"Shut up, Jimin"

"He finally introduces us to his friend!"

I could feel myself becoming dizzy but I loved how they were welcoming me so kindly.

"Thank you, please take care of me during my stay," I giggled while bowing.

"Of course," they exclaimed in unison.

"Okay okay, now stop mobbing Y/N," Jungkook told them while pushing me to my room. "She needs some rest after her flight."

I slapped his arm and he hissed. "We should eat dinner first, Jungkook," I scolded him.

Jin gasped after seeing the dishes. "You made dinner for us?"

I nodded with a sweet smile. "I know how tired you guys can get (I've experienced it by myself), so I thought I should at least make dinners as I'm staying here for free."

They all cheered, including Jungkook, and quickly sat down on their seats around the table.

I giggled at their expressions while they were eating. They looked so extra.

"Thank you, Y/N! You're a great cook," Taehyung chimed, giving me a thumbs up.

I blushed a little, trying to fight back my smile.

"So, you two have been friends since childhood?" Namjoon smiled at me and Jungkook choked on his food.

Please don't ask me difficult questions...

"How long have you two been friends?" He asked.

"8 years"

"10 yea-" Jungkook bit his tongue.

"8 or 10?" Jimin asked confused.

Jungkook and I looked at each other.

I laughed, "It seems like 10 years, but it's been 8 years, right Jungkook?"

He readily agreed.

"So you're what, classmates? Playmates?" Yoongi was the one to ask now.

I started sweating nervously. I didn't sign up for this interrogation. Stop it.

"We're........" my fellow suspect dragged his sentence.

The boys looked at each one of us suspiciously.

I stared at Jungkook for a long time, trying to come up with something. Then an idea came.

"We became friends when I first came to Korea when I was little. We used to play together outside." I smiled as if I was remembering my made up memory.

The boys hummed and continued eating without asking further.

💫💫💫

"So, do you feel anything different?"

He shook his head. "But we won't know until tomorrow though."

I sighed, "Jungkook, there's something I must tell you." I took off the golden earrings from both of my earlobes, put them inside a drawer, and sat back on the bed next to him.

He looked at me with curiosity and I wanted to dig up a hole and bury myself because of how embarrassing it felt when I wanted to spill the truth.

"My aunt said that our souls must become one for this curse to be broken," I stammered.

I could see his brain turning its gears from the expression he was making.

"In other words," I continued. "We must have fallen in love with each other." I cringed and shut my eyes tight.

"Huh?!"

"I know, it's so troublesome and weird, like who would even create this curse? But, to have our lives back, we must do this, Jungkook."

"I-" he became flustered and his eyes darted all around the room.

I waited for him to cooperate with me and stared at him with pleading eyes.

He gulped looking at my puppy eyes and groaned, "Fine. Starting tomorrow, we'll be acting like a couple and go on dates. That way, we will have a better chance of liking each other. You better fall in love with me fast... Actually, I'm surprised that you don't like me by now. I mean," he stated, gesturing at himself, and I rolled my eyes.

"You do know that Taehyung is my bias, right?"

He pouted and looked down. "I know, but still..."

He looked hurt and I pitied him a bit.

I patted his back and chuckled under my breath. "I do like you. Everyone likes you, Kookie."

"Stop lying." He puffed his cheeks and stomped out of the room.

What a man-child...

A/N: I may discontinue this book. I don't know if people are actually reading this or not, so I'm beginning to think that it's better to stop writing this book and go with a different story. But if you want this to be continued, please let me know. Thank you for reading 💕