The Pack- Why Are There Children? Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Vikk?" He barely stirred. "Vikk? Come on, something's happened." My voice startled Lachlan and he started to wail, causing Vikk to stir.

"Wha- hey, what's goin- holy shit, why are there children?!" He sat up in the bed and, without his notice, he pushed little Lachlan to the side and rolled him so he was almost falling off the bed. I launched forward to stop him rolling any further, much to Vikk's surprise, and placed one hand on his back to keep him still.

"What are you?- why is there a child in my bed?" I rolled him over onto his front and took a closer look at the young boy. He was definitely no more than 1, and really tiny with a thin layer of blonde fluff for his hair and tiny, bright sky blue eyes.

"Well, I'm holding Preston, Mitch is holding Jerome and I'm pretty sure that this little one is Lachlan." He sat up suddenly and almost pushed Lachlan again, surprise wide in his eyes.

"What the hell? How?" I sat down on the bed, feeling Preston cling to me with his tiny hands and bury his head into my chest. Mitch was standing near the end of the bed, bouncing Jerome against his chest with his brow furrowed and his cheeks flushed red.

"We have no idea, but just so you know, Jerome, Preston and Lachlan have now been turned into children and we don't know what to do."

He sat up in bed and turned to Lachlan, picking him up. He clung to Vikk, his tiny fists curling around Vikk's t-shirt.

"So... what do we do now?" Mitch sat down on the end of the bed.

"No idea. Just hope it isn't permanent? It's the only thing we can do right now, other than look after these 3, who we don't have anything for by the way in terms of food." Looking around at the 3 babies I saw that they were all wearing clothes that were almost perfect models of what they had gone to sleep in so I turned to the drawers where Lachlan kept his clothes.

Opening the draw where his t-shirts normally were and was completely surprised to see all of the shirt had shrunk so they would fit the one year old. I pulled one of the shirts out to show Vikk.

"Looks like we've got clothes though." Mitch looked up from where he was comforting Jerome.

"Oh thank god, let's hope we've got food and beds for them as well."

Vikk picked up Lachlan from the bed and stood up beside me, motioning for us to follow him downstairs. He seemed to have taken the sudden shock well but I could still see his hands shaking from where they were resting, holding Lachlan up.

We clattered down the stairs as a group, Vikk with one hand resting against the back of Lachlan's head to keep it from rolling back. Preston was awake in my arms but silent, his wide eyes glancing around the room with a thumb in his mouth and one hand clutching at my shoulder.

His hair was in the same style as it had always been, short on the sides with a longer and slightly poofy top, still the same beautiful caramel brown colour.

Jerome was much the same too, when I could see him for where he was cuddled into Mitch. As a he was a complete cling-on, refusing to let Mitch put him down for even a second, even when I put Preston on the ground in front of the couch.

As soon as Mitch attempted it he let out a terrified wail, clinging to him and scrambling to grab at his arms. Mitch just sighed and pulled Jerome back onto his lap, plonking himself onto the couch beside me where we could see everything. Preston was by my feet.

Vikk was sat in an armchair opposite us with Lachlan on the floor in front of him. The young boy was up on his hands and knees, rocking back and forwards uncertainly and was looking around with his bright blue eyes but with only a tiny hint of apprehension, he crawled forwards steadily, right towards Preston.