You steady your breathing and swipe at your eyes, you see the widened gazes of the two boys in front of you and you furrow your brow, "What?"

"Why did you do that?" Namjoon's voice is full of panic.

"You scared us half to death!" Jiho butted in and you look from one boy to the other.

"I just wanted to see if I could touch the bottom." You shrug, "No big deal, I know when I need to go back up for air, I'm not gonna force myself to drown." The two boys slowly let go of your arms and you squint your eyes at the both of them.

"Why are you looking at us like that?" Namjoon asks and you squint your eyes more.

"Why are you two so worried about me all of a sudden? I can swim just fine, but guys were acting like I was a rock!" Jiho looks down and his mouth hangs open slightly.

"We know, it's just that... you didn't know how to swim when we were little. And well, being the curious person that you are, you wanted to know what it was like to touch the bottom of the pools we went to. You were about 4'5" feet, but that didn't stop you from wanting to go into water that was twice your height. So you went to the pool without us one day and you made your way to the deep end and began to try and make it so you would sink, you had stones in your pockets. Y/N," Jiho looks at you with saddened eyes, "You almost drowned that day."

"That's why we panicked when you went so deep in the water," Namjoon speaks up, "Zic was about to dive in after you, but you had started to make your way back to the surface."

You glance from one boy to the other before you burst out in laughter, "Guys, look, I appreciate the concern, but I'm not 4'5" anymore, and I can swim perfectly fine. I'm not gonna drown, stop worrying so much. You're gonna ruin the mood, we're supposed to be having fun."

You smile to yourself a bit as you looked from the end you were at to the opposite end and smiled, "How about we have a race?"

"A race?" Jiho repeats and you nod your head.

"From this end to the other, winner gets bragging rights." You smirk as you grab a hold of the edge of the pool and place your feet against the wall.

"I'm in, Joon?"

"I've already caught her in a matter of seconds, I just have to out swim you." Namjoon grins as the two touch the edge of the pool with their hands, unaware of your tactic of pushing off the wall to gain a slight boost.

"Ready?" You smile to yourself and prepare to launch, "Go!" You kick off the wall and shoot forward, getting only slightly ahead of Namjoon and Jiho as they begin to swim. You move your arms and legs as fast as possible, your advantage didn't help you much longer before Jiho begins to pass you.

'No way am I coming in last place.' You latch your hand onto Jiho's ankle and you yank him backwards, he yelps in shock before you take the opportunity. You bypass him and you see the edge of the pool inching closer to you.

"Oh no you don't!" Jiho gives you a taste of your own medicine and easily pulls you back to him, "Don't you know cheaters never prosper?"

"What does it matter?" Namjoon asks as he lifts himself onto the edge and slowly lifts his legs up and down, "I won either way."

"Dang it, Joonie." You groan, "I wanted to win!"

"Sorry, babygirl. You're the one who wanted to race, it's not my fault you're too slow." Namjoon chuckles as your face flushes red from slight anger and full on embarrassment.

~*~

When you all had stayed in the pool until your hands and feet looked like raisins, you spent the time splashing one another, being picked up and thrown into the water, and occasionally laying on your back as you drift in the water.