The comforting arms of your hero

Everyone looked at you with wide eyes. Their heads then whipped towards the TV.

"Wait, so all of the suspects that were kidnapped, they were also survivor's of the Black Plague!?" Kennedy cried. You nodded and sat down on the couch. Zack furrowed his brow and gave you a worried look.

"Y/N, if they're kidnapping the remaining survivors of the Black Plague, then you could possibly be their next target." Zack pointed out. You held your hands together and clenched them.

"Maybe, maybe not. That's the only connection I have with the other victims. But why would they be capturing us? What could they possibly gain from this?" You asked yourself. Astro clenched his fists and sat next to you.

"Whatever it is, you're in danger. We have to do something about this." Astro told. You glanced at him and nodded.

"Yeah, you're right. But how are we going to find them?" You questioned. Astro furrowed his brow in thought. He then glanced at the others for suggestions. Veronica hummed in thought and looked at you.

"Well, for now we should be careful. Especially you Y/N. Make sure to keep both Astro and Plue with you at all times." Veronica told. You frowned slightly but nodded anyway. Astro glanced at you. He then glanced at the document.

"Should we leave the planet?" Astro questioned. You turned towards him and shrugged.

"Don't know, whoever is kidnapping the other survivors of the Black Plague will probably track us down." Zack nodded in agreement.

"And besides, we don't have any fuel left. We need a plan before doing anything else." Zack told. You all nodded in agreement. You then looked outside at the setting sun.

"It's getting late, we'll get more gas tomorrow." You said. You then stood up. "In the meantime let's have dinner shall we?" Everyone nodded and made their way to the kitchen. Plue then stopped in his tracks and froze. Kennedy glanced down at Plue.

"What is it?" Kennedy questioned. Plue hummed in thought and looked up at you.

"Hey Y/N, we have been traveling for about two months now. All of the food we have is probably expired." Plue pointed out. Your eyes widened in realisation. You then grinned and turned around.

"Then off to a diner! We'll just get take out." Plue sweat dropped.

"Nothing seems to get passed you." You grinned at Plue and walked outside. Astro hurriedly ran after you and took hold of your hand.

"Careful Y/N! Remember you're a possible victim of a kidnapping." Astro warned. You scratched the back of your head while chuckling. Plue climbed onto your shoulders as everyone piled out of the house. You then made your way to the closest diner in town.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You dug into your F/F happily and hummed in delight.

"Thish ish sho good!" You said. Veronica frowned.

"Ugh, remember, table manners!" Veronica scolded. She then pointed a finger at Plue. "And you can't complain because we're actually at a table." Plue paused midway of eating his fish and frowned at Veronica. Astro stared at his food. For some reason he didn't feel like eating anything. You glanced at Astro and raised an eyebrow at him.

"Aren't you going to eat?" You questioned. Astro frowned and glanced at you.

"Hey Y/N, how many survivors were there?" Astro questioned. You swallowed your food and frowned slightly. You then looked at your food and thought for a moment.

"Twelve. There were twelve counting myself. We were all gathered in the courtroom about half a year later when the incident happened." You explained. You then glanced at Astro and smiled. "Hey, there's no need to worry Astro. Everything will be alright. We'll find the culprit who's causing all of these kidnappings and we'll take them down. We've never failed before, right?" You exclaimed as you brought up your fist. Astro stared at you and smiled slightly.