Two Fragile Hearts

- Y/n's POV -

"Jennie!" I burst through the door and kicked my shoes off. I looked around to try and find her...

"Jennie where are you!?"

"I'm over here Y/n" Hey voice trembled.

I looked for the source of the sound and found Jennie on the floor leaning our kitchen counter. I quickly rushed towards her and almost slipped on the carpet. I sat on the floor beside her and she rested her head on my shoulder.

"How did you get here?" I asked her.

"I only twisted my ankle so I was capable of limping into our dorm..." she sniffed.

"Next time be careful when I'm not around okay?" I patted her back gently.

"Now let me carry you to the couch, the floor's too cold." I grabbed Jennie by the waist and carried her like a newly wedded bride.

"Thank you Y/n..." Her eyes twinkled as she flashed a timid smile at me.

"I'll go get the first aid kit, don't move a muscle." I ordered.

I ran to my room and was surprised to see how clean the bed was. Usually, I never make my bed...I guess Jennie did it for me ;) She can be so cute at times. I kneeled beside my dresser and pulled out the bottom drawer; I grabbed my first aid kit and ran out to the living room. I placed it on the coffee table and looked at Jennie, her eyes gleamed as she looked at me back. But my thoughts were everywhere.

Hmm, what am I missing? Oh right! The icepack!

I went to our fridge and opened the ice tray. We have a couple of ice cubes, this might work. I grabbed a bunch and stuffed them inside a clear zip-lock bag; I then wrapped it around with tissue paper.

I walked over to the couch and placed the makeshift ice pack on her swollen ankle. I then wrapped her ankle with clear plastic wrap to keep it in place. I kneeled closer to Jennie's face and looked at her with a worried expression.

"Thank you for taking really good care of me Y/n..." Jennie sighed.

"Anything for you Jennie..." I smiled and caressed the back of her head.

Jennie placed her hand on my shoulder, then she moved her hand to my cheek and softly stroked it. She just looked at me with her gummy smile and I chuckled.

"I'll let you rest...I may need to go back to the campus to continue my classes." I rubbed my nape.

"Nooo, please don't leave me Y/n" Jennie pouted.

"I'm sorry Jen, but I have to go now. Stay safe" I gently placed her head on the couch pillow and grabbed my jacket. 

"I'll be back before you know it" I waved at her.

"You're mean. Don't talk to me..." she mumbled as I closed the door and sprinted down the stairs and through the busy streets.

- Rosé's POV -

After Y/n left in a hurry, I fast-walked back to the Music Class and bowed to Mr. Kang before taking a seat beside Jisoo.

"Did I miss anything?" I asked Jisoo.

"What took you so long??" Jisoo asked with her eyes wide.

"Sorry, I um-- couldn't find the bathrooms!" I shot up.

"Okay, okay I get it. Keep your voice down though, when both of you left...Hanbin got up and placed like a card or something inside Y/n's bag, when Mr. Kang wasn't paying attention." Jisoo whispered.

"Why would he do that?" I asked.

"Apparently there's this rumour spreading around about how Jennie cheated on Hanbin with Y/n or something. But I don't believe them, because I know Y/n would never do something like that." she continued whispering. 

"And plus, I'm pretty sure Jennie hates Y/n considering how many times she had called him names or slapped him."

I just nodded my head while I listened. 

...

The class was starting to get boring...and I still regretted performing in front of everyone. It seemed like Jisoo read my mind though...

"You did a great job today in class. I would never be able to have the guts to perform in front of the worst audience." she grinned and nudged my shoulder.

"Thanks Jisoo" I smiled.

I continued to stare at the slowly-ticking clock and pondered on my thoughts. 

...

RIIINGGGG!

Finally! The class has ended! That was the longest one 1hr and a half in my whole life! I packed up my things and carried the amplifier back into the storage room. I looked up at the box filled with tambourines and couldn't help but think of Y/n...He was such a sweet guy. He doesn't deserve to be treated badly.

*Thud*

"Sir! I am so sorry! I *heaves* went back to my dorm because of a slight *pants* emergency." Y/n held his chest in fatigue.

"Yea, yea it's fine Y/n. It was a free period anyway..." Mr. Kang grinned at his phone.

Wow, what a laid back teacher...

I looked at Y/n as he staggered his way towards his seat and stuffed his things inside his backpack. I slowly reached my hand towards him and patted his shoulder. He seemed startled by my sudden touch, but I found his reaction rather adorable.

"Oh hey Rosé, are you feeling better now?" He sincerely smiled and continued to pack his things. I was about to answer but couldn't find the right words to say. He took out his notebook to rearrange the stuff when a card fell out of one of the pages and fell to the floor. Y/n bent down to pick it up. It wasn't a card, it looked like a polaroid.

"Oh what's this?" He talked to himself. 

I stood behind him and noticed that there was a note taped to it. I couldn't see it clearly but I think it read:

Look Y/n. 

It's a picture of your precious Jennie...

- H

Y/n turned the polaroid around, revealing a picture of Jennie and Hanbin Kissing under the moonlight over the Han River. Y/n just stared at it and clenched it in his hands, then walked to Hanbin's table.

"I believe this belongs to you Hanbin." Y/n muttered and aggressively shoved the polaroid into Hanbin's chest then walked away.

I stood frozen in my spot and stared at his figure walk out the door. He really does like Jennie...