Love

- Y/n's POV -

Jennie finally ended the call but I was surprised to see her expression change; it seems as if she just got bad news from whoever called her, I shot her a who-were-you-talking-to? look, I kept my eyes on her.

She coldly answered, "Is there something on my face?? Anyways it's none of your business, you should be grateful that I even called the ambulance to come save you from dying and shit, now shut up" 

Woah, her mood sure did change quickly. 

"Jeez woman, First of all I never said anything; so how could you ask me to shut up?"

"Didn't I make myself clea..." (I cut her off)

"Second,I guess it's true that everyone says you're raised in a barn and can you please watch your foul language" I answered back.

Jennie rolled her eyes and walked out of the room, I stroked my hair as a sign of relief. I can finally rest now...

<The Next Day>

I moved back into my dorm, Ahh...I am glad to be back! I threw myself on my bed and landed face down, my feet were hanging off the edge while my finger tips made contact with the headboard. I stroked my fingers on the rough but smooth wooden texture, this helps me relax; but it got disturbed by the sound of a slammed door.

I turned around to face the ceiling and pushed myself up to check what's going on. It's not surprising that the sound came from Jennie's room, I tried to open the door to check if she was alright; it seems like she had locked it from the inside.

Knock Knock Knock

"Go aw-w-way! Leave me alone!" Jennie said.

I could hear that her voice had a sad tone, I need to know what's happening.

"Jen! Open up right now!" I yelled.

"Or what? Are you gonna try to break in?" 

Thanks for the idea Jennie, I ran to my room and grabbed a paperclip. Luckily, my dad was a former marine soldier, he had told me how to pick a lock using just about anything that is malleable.

I picked the lock and managed to unlock the door, I opened it and peeked inside. I noticed Jennie was on her bed; completely covered by her blanket. I gathered enough courage to ask her, "Hey Jen, are you feeling alright??"

She turned around to look at me with a raised eyebrow. "What? Did I die or something? Cuz I'm alright" Jennie said

"I could tell that you've been crying, I can see." I said as I pointed at a pile of wet tissues beside her bed. "Come on, I can help you feel better" I held out my hand towards her but Jennie rejected my offer.

"Who are you to council me? I'm  more than capable to handle my own situations" She answered.

I sighed, got up and went back to my room. 

"Y/N!" Jennie shouted

"Yes?"

"Can you at least close my door when you exit?" She asked.

"Fine" I mumbled

What was she crying about?? She doesn't accept the fact that I'm there for her, she might be mean on the outside but I know that she has another side of her...the "good" side. 

- Jennie's POV -

.+* Flashback *+.

It happened when I was at the hospital room with Y/n, he was fiddling with his name tag when I got a call from my boyfriend, Taehyung. 

"Annyeong Jagiya~" I greeted

"Babe, listen it's not you...it's me. I just feel like we've been drifting apart and I really want us to see other people"

"So, you wanna break up?" I asked with a trembled voice.

"Yes, I'm sorry" 

The call hung up from his side, my heart dropped. I forgot that Y/n was with me the whole time, I tried to act cool about it. Hiding the fact that I just got dumped by my long-time boyfriend. I did feel bad for lying to Y/n but he doesn't need to know EVERYTHING about me.

...

I might've slept through the night cuz when I woke up, the sun had already risen. My eyes felt very dry so I went to look for my eye drops, I passed Y/n's open door. I peeked inside and saw that he was asleep on his desk, the room was dark and it was only lit up by his desk lamp.

I walked closer to him to see what he was working on, there was a piece of paper under his arm. I carefully pulled it towards myself to read what he had written:

Love
has a way of wilting or blossoming
at the strangest, 
most unpredictable hour.
This is how love is,
an uncontrollable beast
in the form of a flower.
The sun doesn't always shine on it.
Nor does the rain always pour on it.
Nor should it always get beaten by a storm.
Love does not always emit the sweetest scents,
and sometimes it can sting with its thorns.
Water it.
Give it plenty of sunlight.
Nurture it,
and the flower of love will
outlive you.
Neglect it or keep dissecting it,
and its petals will quickly curl up and die.
This is how love is, 
perfection is a delusional vision.
So love the person who loves you
unconditionally,
and abandon the one
who only loves you
under favourable
conditions.
Clearly, I never listened
to my own advice.
-Y/n

I thought to myself: I never new Y/n was so poetic, but at the same time this is very dramatic. I slowly tip-toed out of his room with the poem in my hand. I should keep this...

- Y/n's POV -

I woke up feeling the same pain I felt at the hospital bed yesterday. My healing wound was still causing pain, my neck started to ache because of my sleeping position. I stretched my way to the living room and sat next to Jennie on the couch.

Surprisingly, she didn't say a word about it. She just stayed silent while smiling at the T.V screen.

She's definitely up to something...