Chapter 49: Love Never Felt So Good

Start from the beginning

"Because I love kids, and because I come from a big family my life would be incomplete if I didn't have a big family."

" I'm not having twelve kids."

He laughed. " You don't have to have all twelve. We can adopt."

"Adopt?"

"Yeah..."

I thought for a moment. " You know, you have to be very precise with the kids we adopt. we gotta know about their history and everything. We might end up bringing home a future serial killer."

He busted out laughing causing me to pull the phone from my ear. " Liyah...no..."

"You're laughing and I'm dead serious."

"Okay, okay..." He was still laughing. "you have a point there."

"Don't I always?"

"Okay, so we will adopt, but I still want some of my own and I want you to have them."

"We'll see that's many years down the road, and we have to be married."

"Of course, what kinda guy do you think I am?"

"I don't know, what kind of guy are you?"I challenged. I remember raising my eyebrow while asking that question.

"One that's going to treat you with the respect that you deserve."

"Oh, really?"

"Yes, you're my girl. So I have to respect ya."

" You are so not like these ass holes around here."

"Liyah.."

"Well, you're not."

I don't remember what came next in our conversation. I just remember my mind being stuck on what he said about me being his girl and how he had to respect me. It made me wonder if he lost all respect when I broke up with him. I wouldn't blame him for being angry. It came completely out of no where.

I felt his lips on my cheek. " Liyah?"

"Hmm?"

" What are you thinking about?"

I only shook my head.

"Liyah, girl..." I felt his fingers underneath my chin. Slowly he lifted my face up so that I was looking dead at him. "Are you mad at me?" He was trying to hide the worry in his eyes but I could feel it.

Shaking my head, I moved my legs from his lap so I could pull them to my chest. "I'm not mad because of that..maybe a little disappointed, but not mad."

"Disappointed?"

"Yeah," I looked at the stitching in my jeans. "I'm the one supposed to be the one having your baby."

He closed his eyes and sighed. "Ya know, it could be worst. It could be Diana."

I shot a gave him a look of disapproval, raising my eyebrow and slowly moving my head to the side. "You're a jerk, Michael." I said as I stood up.

"Wait, I'm sorry!" He pulled me back into his lap and wrapped his arms my small frame. "I'm sorry, just tell me why you are disappointed.'

"You should already know the answer to that question, Michael."

" You're right..."

"I know I am."

"Look," he said with a sigh, becoming a little serious. "You need to know that when I found myself next to her and realized what I had done I instantly felt guilty."