Chapter 5

I was lying in bed when I heard my phone ring. I groaned and reached over to grab it. It was nearing ten in the morning. "Hello?"

"Jason's awake." Mrs. Holland's voice said tiredly through the phone.

I sat up on my bed. "I'm coming down now."

I got out of the bed as Mrs. Holland hung up. I threw on jeans and a shirt. Grabbing the keys from the table, I made my way to my car. When I got outside, I noticed a figure resting against my car.

"Hey!" I called. "Get away from my car!" I screamed.

The person looked up at me. My heart dropped. "Hey Sky." That's the voice that haunted me.

"Get the fuck out of here. You can't be here." I said through gritted teeth.

Landon stood in front of the door handle to the car. "You going to visit pretty boy?"

"It's none of your business." I tried pushing Landon. He wouldn't budge.

The next part shocked me. Landon's hand came up and hit me right in the face. I fell to my knees because of the force. Landon lifted my head to look at him. "He's not worth your time." With that, he left.

I picked myself up off the ground. I looked towards his direction. He threw on his hood and shoved his hands in his pockets. Tears formed in my eyes. I blinked them back before any could fall. Getting in the car I pushed the button to start it. The next thing came to mind. Jason. For now, I knew he was okay. The engine rumbled to life. I threw the car in reverse and made my way to the hospital.

I arrived at the hospital locating Jason's room. Once I found it, I knocked on the door. "Come in." Someone said from the other side. Jason's Mom sat next to him with a tired expression. She stood up from her chair. She pulled me out of the room.

"I can't bring myself to ask him." She said.

"I can talk to him. It'll be okay." A reassuring smile formed on my face.

Mrs. Holland had dark bags form under eyes. She couldn't even keep her eyes open.

"Are you sure? You don't have to."

I nodded. "Wait in the lobby. I'll come and get you when I leave."

She nods and leaves. I walked into Jason's room. He looked towards me. A tired smile played on his lips. I pulled the chair up next to him. "I was scared I wasn't going to ever see you again."

Jason chuckled. "It takes a lot to get rid of me."

A sigh escaped my lips. "Why?"

Jason's eyes narrowed. "Why what?"

"Why'd you do it? Attempt suicide just days after you come home."

Regret instantly kicked in. A little bit of anxiety didn't help much either. I looked away from Jason ashamed.

"I didn't want to hurt anyone. I didn't wanna drag anyone down with my problems. I kept repeating to myself, I shouldn't have come back. Nothing is ever going to feel the same again. I'm stuck here. Raped and tortured. Who's ever going to be excited to see me? Nobody."

"I'm happy you're here. Your mom is happy you're alive."

He let out a sigh. "Get out. I need to clear my head."