chapter 8

status: unedited

Hiccup's POV

Almost everyone was looking at me wide eyed. But I guess I know why. What would you do when you lived in a village of vikings who knew nothing better than to slay every dragon they encountered? And then there suddenly is a man in the middle on the centre of that village riding a dragon, a nightfury nonetheless!

I guess I would do the same, but who knew I would be that person riding the nightfury? that thought popped up in my head right after I had spoken to my dad, Stoick, for the first time in 6 years. Of course i was angry and sarcastic, but i must admit I liked his facial expression. . . oops.

Back to the moment! My expression was still the same, a cold one. I looked around at the vikings surrounding me, I recognized some of them, of course not everyone. I saw the twins though, looking as mischievous as ever, although they had a different look than before. I saw Snotlout crouched on the pavement, not looking as surprised as the most of the people on the market square. I didn't see more of my childhood "friends"  here. So I decided to look back at Stoick to see he had regained his posture. Looking back at me.

"And besides this, how was your day?" I wanted to say, but interupting my amazing idea he said:" Snotlout will take you to where you will be staying these upcomming weeks."

He looked at me with the look that tells you that there is no arguing about that, so for once I didn't. Snotlout didn't have a beard, I guess he didn't want to, but he definitely looked more grown up, but not fully, like some people do at that age. I knew his age, he was my cousin after all. "follow me." He said, with that we left the still confused vikings and my dad behind and walked to the place that would be my home for the upcoming weeks.

o0o

"It's not much further." Snotlout said. The "place"  where I was going to stay was a lot further away than I thought, I looked around to see that there were still lots of new houses, I guess they didn't stop with killing dragons, that sucks. 

"How is the dragon situation going here?" I decided to finally ask something, I looked next to me seeing Snotlout deep in thoughts. After a while he said: "I guess the dragon situation didn't get any better while you were gone, it may have gotten worse." I was curious now, and just when I was about to ask why he continued, "After you left Stoick took measures, dragon training started for kids above the age of ten, younger if they were willing to do what was necessary. . . Some Vikings didn't agree with these new rules, they were punished, one or two even banned!" It took a while for me to progress al the information i was just given. I didn't believe Stoick could let that happen. "Do you think these rules make Berk a better village?" I asked. Snotlout looked taken back by that question, he stopped walking and looked at me. "I know that you fight for the dragons Hiccup, word has been spreading about you and a group of . . . riders? Who make peace between dragons and Vikings, for as far as I know they are sworn enemies! But you showed other vikings that they don't have to be!" He thought about his words for a moment. "I guess i'm saying that maybe, if you can persuade Stoick, or some of the other villagers with connections to him you might have shot at making this a better place, not a village where we make children dragon killers, we all grew up that dragons are created by Loki himself, coming here to bring only death and destruction. But I don't think dragons would do that, i don't believe in the stories we were told when we were children. And I think you can make people believe otherwise too."

I thought about these words for a moment, maybe longer than a moment. because when I looked up we were standing in front of a house. One that looked like it had been standing there for at least more than two years. I looked at Snotlout, smiling, "since when did the mighty Snotlout get wise?" He smiled back. "Only when I have to!" He said, with that he turned around, walking back to the village. After Snotlout was out of sight I saw Toothless making a perfect landing next to me, I guess he did't want to frighten Snotlout. "So you are nice!" he gave me a look while saying: "you know I am!" 

 with that i walked into my stay for the coming weeks, already making plans sbout making this a "better place."

Hey! Long time no see, like, a really long time!

i'm so sorry for not updating in such a long time! I really thought I had the time but it turned out I didn't. So here is the new update! I hope the next one will be up soon, but i went to another school last week, the other one sucked! Really bad! I watched some series on netflix with I really enjoyed. I had summer vacation! Always fun!

I promise i am going to update everything and i tried to edit the previous chapters, hopefully it is better now! See you all soon!

To be continued