Chapter 14

I was so bored.

Ares had to leave to get some "pack business" done, so I was left alone at the house. For a whole day.

Now, this wasn't anything new to me, but back home I could actually entertain myself. I had my laptop, my phone, my books, my music... But I had nothing in that house.

Sure, Ares did have a TV, which I sat in front of for a while, but nothing sparked my interest.

I started walking around, exploring the house, but it turned out that there wasn't much to explore. It was pretty much normal – other than the fact, that it was owned by a werewolf –, he didn't even have one of those freaky rooms I saw in that one movie with the shades.

Cleaning was not an option either, I couldn't find any supplies. Maybe it was for the better, though.

I even ended up taking a three-hour long nap, yet time still hardly passed by.

My situation got even better, I started missing Ares. Badly.

At first, I thought nothing of it. I was alone, and he seemed to be my only companion those days, it was understandable I would miss him a little.

A little. I would have liked to settle for that, but it got worse.

By late afternoon, I was lying on the couch in the living room, looking like a dying whale. I felt like one, too.

There was a weird feeling in my stomach, even my head was hurting. My eyes teared up for some reason, I didn't even want to guess anymore, it could have been anything.

When I finally heard the front door open, all of those feelings vanished.

My brain didn't even have a chance to process what was happening, my body started acting on its own.

After I jumped up from the couch, I ran to the front door. Ares barely closed it, before I threw my arms around his neck, pressing my lips to his.

He was caught a little off-guard but kissed me back in a second.

When I finally realised what was going on, I pulled away, staring up at him in confusion.

"Honey, I'm home?" Ares sent me an unsure smile.

"What is happening to me?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"What do you mean?" He asked back, an innocent look on his features.

"Don't go Bieber on me, Knoll! Answer my question!"

Glancing away, he let out a deep sigh.

"I will answer you, love, but I would really like to know what you mean."

"I missed you," was what escaped my mouth, instead of giving a logical explanation.

Ares broke out in a big smile.

"I missed you too, Rhea."

He started leaning down towards me, but I shook my head quickly, taking a step backwards.

"No, I mean..." I sighed, trying to gather my thoughts. "I missed you, and it was bad. My stomach hurt, I basically felt sick, then you come home, and I basically jump you. I don't understand."

"Oh, yeah, about that..." He chuckled nervously, looking down at the floor.

I narrowed my eyebrows at him suspiciously.

"What is it now?"

He took my hands in his gently, walking us over to the kitchen. I sat down on a bar stool, while he leaned on the top of the kitchen island, facing me.

"So, I guess I forgot to tell you about this before marking you..."

"Ares..."

"It's not that special, really!"

I clenched my jaw, waiting for him to continue.

"Well, you see, after your mate marks you, your pull towards them becomes even stronger, which causes you to miss your mate terribly if they're away, and to... uh..."

"To what?" I asked, starting to grow a bit impatient.

"To want them."

I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Okay... Details?"

Ares sighed once again, before continuing.

"The point of the mating pull is to speed things up, and get the mates to, you know... seal the deal."

"Ares, I swear, if you don't –"

"You have to seal the bond," he continued quickly. "Thanks to the mark, the mates get more drawn to each other, and to seal their bond, they have to have sex. There, happy?"

My eyes widened, and I leaned a little backwards, away from him.

"When?" I asked scared.

"Whenever you're ready."

We stared into each other's eyes, and I felt myself calming down, all my worries melting away.

My face was getting closer and closer to his, then I snapped out of the trance.

"Oh, god..." I whispered, then I looked back at Ares. "If it's that strong for me, what could you be possibly feeling?"

His face hardened. "You don't want to know."

Biting my lip, I tore my eyes away from him, feeling my cheeks heating up.

A few seconds later, he cleared his throat.

"Oh, and by the way... We'll have dinner with my family on Sunday if that's okay with you."

My jaw dropped.

"Are you serious?"

He took my hands in his, grinning at me.

"They're going to love you."

A/N:
Short chapter, but I will update soon, I promise!
Thanks for reading, have a nice day! x