Chapter 10

It seemed like I was the only one who was surprised out of the two of us.

She came out of her room, and after wiping her face with the back of her hand, she looked up at us, a light smile taking over her features.

Her skin was even paler than it usually is, her long, platinum blonde hair falling over her shoulders, cascading around her waist. Her light blue dress complimented her body, which was kind of muscular (well, she was a werewolf), yet still feminine.

I looked into her eyes, which were a gorgeous shade of blue, yet they were filled with emptiness.

"Oh my god..."

I couldn't believe it. She was one of them.

"Tiffany?"

"Hey, girl," she let out a light chuckle.

"Why are you not surprised to see me? Did you know?" I looked at her questioningly.

"I heard..."

She locked eyes with Ares, a knowing smirk on her lips.

"Good morning, Mister Alpha."

"Hello, Tiffany," he greeted her back with a smile.

"Well," Tara clapped her hands, smiling, "now that everyone's here, shall we sit down?"

Everyone else nodded, while I was deep in thought.

"Wait!"

They turned towards me, surprised at the tone of my voice. I looked at Tiffany.

"What about Drake?"

"He's my mate, of course," she said calmly.

"Your mate?!"

I saw Ares staring at me in silence, a gentle smile on his lips.

"Yes, my mate," she nodded.

"Then why isn't he... you know... here?"

Her features turned sad, and she let out a small sigh.

"I wanted him to come live with me, obviously, but he didn't want to leave his father alone."

"Oh... But he... He knows, right?"

"He does."

I nodded, then everyone settled down, and I sat down on one of the sofas, next to Ares.

It wasn't anything extraordinary, mostly small talk. They told me a little more about themselves, and how happy they were that Ares finally found his mate.

All in all, I had a nice time, so I was glad we came.

After saying goodbye to them, we started heading back to Ares' house.

We were walking next to each other in silence, my arms crossed, and his in his pockets.

"Hey," I spoke up quietly.

"Yes?"

He glanced down at me, his eyes sincere.

"Is that what it's like when you're separated from your mate?"

Ares knew I was talking about Tiffany. Yeah, she was smiling and all, because we were there, but she couldn't hide the emptiness in her eyes. Also, she was hiding in her room before we arrived, and her mother said she was acting down in the past days.

"No," he said in a stern voice, which made me look up at him, confusion written all over my face.

"No?" I asked back.