(11) Dawned upon

Daxton's POV

It all dawned on me with a phone call.

It had only been a week or so since my parents crash. I felt as if I lost everything. My dreams, interests, and drive. Everything.

I was left all alone to take care of my sister with no means of survival just parents' assets and no other relatives to mention.

The person at the other end had called me to meet him at the outskirts of the city in the abandoned warehouse.

I had no intention of going but I decided to go anyways because I have nothing loose now. I've lost it all its totally irreversible.

I leave the house to go to the warehouse and just before that I check up on Kristen.

She was sitting in the garden aimlessly looking at the grass. Her eyes had lost the spark and her pale face showed pain. She was the happy little rainbow in our family, our life essence. Now it was all drained out and hollow.

I sigh and leave. I myself am unable to get back up let alone help Kristen.

I get drive my dad's car and it is soaked with many happy memories with my once complete family.

~*~*~*~*~

I reach the warehouse after a thoughtless ride and find the gates closed with no other way to get in.

I wait for a few minutes and then a guy comes up and asks "name?".

"Daxton Reed." I say with a dry tone. I have no expectations whatsoever.

He leads me in the warehouse and it was not really abandoned just old.

A few tables with papers and mugs were lying around and maps and pictures of people were pinned to the soft board on the wall.

Many faces were circled red and many crossed. It was so suspicious and emitted a dark unknown aura.

Something was definitely up.

We enter a room which is in the end and there were three guys sitting. And to my astonishment, they were teenagers and not burly men.

"Hello Daxton, I'm Julian Radcliffe" said the guy with glasses

"Hey man.. I'm Jordan. Jordan Radcliffe, this punk's brother" said the guy who indeed looked like Julian.

The third guy stood up and that's when I saw his marvelous green eyes. He formally shook my hand and said "Hello Daxton. I'm Brandon McKnight. Welcome to Zen."

Zen??!!

I know what Zen means. It's a gang said to be negatively influencing and possibly cataclysmic.

I definitely don't want more stuff on my already filled plate. And by stuff, I mean trouble and sick twisted life.

I get up abruptly in a mindset to leave.

"Wait Daxton... You need to listen to this. It's important and we need your support" said Jordan.

"I don't want to associate myself with a criminal organization which does god knows what" I say fiercely.

"We are not a criminal organization. Things just don't become what rumors state them to be." Julian said with a serious tone.

The whole time Brandon was sitting with his hands clasped on the table and keeps on looking at me as if he was accounting me.

From things, I could make out that Brandon was kind of like their leader or something.

I still pay no heed and walk towards the door.

"Daxton Reed. Your parents were murdered." Said Brandon with a low serious tone.

I could feel my hands clutching from anger. Now, even Satan cannot stop me from turning.

"Don't you dare mess with me and my family. I have nothing worth to support your intentions so you better stop trying to pull me into your degraded world."

"The truth and the fact doesn't change just because you don't agree and state otherwise." Julian said crossing his hands and looking at me intently.

Frustrated and tired I sit down to lend a to whatever the matter is. They better not play 'pulling legs' with me now.

The stuff that I hear next is something totally unexpected and gave me whiplashes. Julian and Jordan explain everything to me about how on a great level my parents and their working partners were wronged. I guess this is what they call 'change of perspective'.

And that was when I realized there are no things such as accidents. Everything is as well planned as a strategized game of chess which feeds oil to the fire of selfish bastards.

It all makes sense now. My parents were very successful lawyers and naturally attracted many unwanted ill-wishers and obviously revenge seekers.

Illegal transactions and the spilled blood of innocents lead to the murder of my family.

The criminal organization 'BLACKTHORN' was burnt to the ground when my father and his friends took a stand against them. As a counterattack, not only my family but also other law-abiders and right doers were eliminated from the big blue which includes Mr.McKnight and Mrs. Radcliffe.

'ZEN' was formed to avenge the mighty who have fallen unjustly.

"Daxton. Donnagon Blaze was the one who runs BLACKTHORN. He's the big dog, but, our fathers took care of him and he is counting bars now"

"We didn't approach you earlier because we knew about this a long time ago and were trained a bit. But your father wanted to keep you and Kristen away from the heat".

"BLACKTHORN has a side business of hostess bars and human trafficking. This is managed by his son Chuck Blaze".

Chuck Blaze ??!! That definitely rings a bell alright.

*****

Hey you!! Tell me what do you think about the POV down below.

And also I am looking for better covers for TLB. Pls send me if got some.

And yes👇🏻

Break your fingers and vote away. ( if you wanna read some juicy chapters ;p)

Until next time,
Avni 😘.