(7) Troublemaker

I am sitting in the living room on the sofa with my legs crossed and a sore body.

"What were doing out at this hour?" Dax asks with a serious tone and putting his one leg over the other trying to look intimidating.

All that is left for him is to stroke a black cat that looks at me with sarcastic eyes to complete the Authentic interrogation scene shown in typical drama movies.

I chuckle a bit and Dax raises an eye.

"Why are you laughing at, young lady?" With an amused look.

"Nothing, it's just that I was imagining you stroking a black cat which would look great while you shoot questions at me" I laugh hitting the sofa.

"Oh yeah, that would look amazing. But we don't have a cat, do we? Maybe I should stuff a sock to make it look fluffy" he jokes but then his eyes sharpen. "But seriously where were you? You know I don't like this stuff".

"Um...I was just out for a stroll after a midnight snack. I couldn't sleep" I lie shamelessly.

"Why?" he further asks not backing down.

Oh, God. I hate lying to my brother.

"Ni...nightmares,"I say which is not completely a lie.

"About Mom and Dad?" he asks with sadness laced his tone.

I lost my mom and dad when I was 15, three years ago. They were coming back from a business trip and a ruthless drunk truck driver made me lose my world. My family. I loved them so dearly.

I saw their car get flipped right before my eyes. I remember it clearly. I had brought ice cream and was waiting on the driveway for my parents to come back home so we could all sit together and have some Ice cream.

I and Dax were totally lost and broken after the accident. I always stayed home and Dax would go out to find his own peace and sometimes wouldn't come home for days. I was scared when he didn't come back home and worried that I might lose him too.

But one day, I told him not to leave and how it felt about losing him too and left all alone. After that, he started becoming normal and encouraged me to go to school and have fun and explore life. I tried but it's was too stressful that's when I got to know about the arena. It helped me cope up and relieve me of my worries. But it was painful seeing people beat up. I feel bad and I tell myself to not harm anyone dangerously but, sometimes the adrenaline rush would get the better of me.

Sorry, sumongosaurus.

Nonetheless, I miss my parents so much and I often dream about the same scene of how they died over and over again. I wish I could take their place.

My brother's voice pulls me out of my thoughts. "Honey-Bear are you okay? answer me" Dax says kneeling down before me with a very worried expression.

"You went totally blank and pale for a second. Are you ok?" He says stroking the back of my hand and I could see the pain in his eyes, just like me.

"D...Dax, I'm fine. Don't worry, it's ok" I say to him and trying to keep back the threatening tears.

"Come on let's go for another walk. It's been ages since we spent some bro-sis time." he says pulling up into a bear hug.

I start sobbing into his chest remembering all the nightmares and the recent one in which I could have almost died.

He rubs my head gently to help feel at ease and holds me even tighter before saying "Kristen trust me the truck driver will pay for what he did. Karma will hit him and hit him hard, God makes the wrong one pay but doesn't decent on Earth himself but does his work through us. Humans. And I know he will pay. Just wait, dear" I could hear the seriousness and the fury in his voice.

The crash was an accident, the driver was drunk and now I am confused.

So, I pull out of the hug and I notice a bruise under Dax's chin and it was turning blacker and blacker and noticeable.

I touch the bruise lightly. "What is this? How did you get bruised?"

"Um... it's nothing. I accidentally got hit by the table at college when I was picking up something" he says scratching his head.

I'm not satisfied.

"If you say so" I say clearly showing my dissatisfaction clearly.

He looks at me for a moment and then smiles.

"You got fat"

I gasp"No I didn't"

"Yes, you did"

"Did not"

"Did so"

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

I huff in annoyance and mutter under my breath "stupid asshat"

Now, he gasps "YOU TAKE THAT BACK THIS INSTANT HONEY-BEAR"

I shout "Nope" popping the 'p' and cross my hands and look at him smirking.

"Oh, you are gonna pay dear" he says with a smirk and that's when I realize what's gonna happen.

Dax launches himself at me trying to grab and I start off too, circling the sofa and into the kitchen. He is hot at my heels and grabs before I reach the stairs.

"Got you little troublemaker!!" he huffs clearly showing that he is out of breath but, so am I.

I giggle like a mad girl. This is what I missed a lot. The fun times with Dax and my family.

"Long time since we laughed like this huh??" he asks smiling.

"Yup" I smile at him and say "I miss them"

"Don't worry Honey-bear I am here with you. Always." he says with a Stern look.

He takes me back to my room and lays down with me and switches off the lights.

"Dax?" I whisper.

"Hmm?"

"We didn't go for a walk at all." I announce.

He chuckles and says "Next time Honey-bear. Next time for sure"

After some time I hear a small "goodnight" and feel a kiss to my forehead which relaxes me before drifting off into sleep with a smile plastered to my face.

******

A/N- Hello my lovelies.

I had to put a scene of Dax and Kristen. They are the best.

Please feel free to comment and vote.

I promise the next chapter will be juicy and Brandon filled.😉

Until then,
Stay gold
Avni😘