Why would he lie?

"Because I remember Theo from fourth grade, okay?" So do I and he doesn't seem strange to me. "That's not Theo," Stiles finished his thought. 

Don't tell me my life can be so much coincidence. Sorry, but when the last free seat in my first lesson is next to boy I've liked for more than eight years, I feel kinda fooled. Of course I don't say it was bad coincidence.

"Hey," Theo smiled when I came to desk he was sitting at. 

"May I sit?" I asked without greeting him  back.

"Well," he chuckled, "due to fact there are no more free seats..."

"Thanks," I smiled nervously and sat.

"Why are you so nervous?"

"What? I'm not!"

"Your heart's racing like crazy. Is that because of Biology?"

"Yes," I stammered, "it's because of Biology. So please shut up, I'd love to graduate."

"Who else thinks they're in the right class?" mrs. Finch asked. Only one hand raised immediately. Theo's one. 

Everybody turned at him, but he was looking at Scott. I raised my hand to support him. He looked at me and smiled. Oh my God, that smile... 

After a while, all hands were up. Good job, Raeken.

.

I was sitting with Scott in front of school. I wanted to know about every possible detail if I should have been part of his pack. Out of nowhere Stiles run to us: "The two of you - you're coming with me."

"We've got a free period," Scott said instead of me.

"So do I," Stiles continued, "and so does Theo Raeken. Let's go."

.

"I was skating in a neighbor's empty pool, trying to do a handplant," started Theo. Stiles took us to boy's locker room where Theo'd already been, "nobody was home. I'm not that good of a skateboarder (I can only agree. One of those thing that haven't changed since fourth grade), but I guess I was feeling pretty determined because I completely lost track of time. I didn't even realize that was night until the yard lights came on." The three of us were blaspheming his every word,  Scott was looking especially focused.

"Like I said I wasn't very good. On my last try I went down and hit hard. Really hard. I was sitting there at the bottom of the pool and I realized something. I never heard the board come back down. It came at me fast. I barely had a chance to turn around before it bit me. Right here," he pointed at his belly. Stiles didn't look like the story convinced him. I was standing next to him. He didn't want to trust Theo.

Scott was just nodding a little before he expressed: "It wasn't an accident. He wanted to turn you."

Stiles couldn't withstand it anymore: "Right. So why aren't you part of his pack? Why didn't he come back for you?" I hit him with my elbow, now he grinned at me.

Theo answered without thinking: "Because by the time of my first full moon, he was dead." I freezed. This was reality. And they were talking about it like it was something normal, like for examle get up from the bed in the morning. 

Stiles still didn't believe him: "How did you know that?"

"I met another one of his pack a couple weeks later," Theo started again without any problems. For example I would have already been tired of their asking. "He told me the Alpha that bit me was killed by two of his own Betas. They were twins."

A minute of silence occurred. Theo interrupted it again: "Scott, listen to my pulse. I'm telling you the truth." I even didn't know werewolves were able to do that.