Chapter Fifty Six

Start from the beginning

"Why do you keep everything to yourself? Why don't you ever come to me when you and Red are having trouble?"

I shake my head while shrugging my shoulders, looking up at the sky.

"She won't let me touch her," Dion utters quietly, almost as if he feels guilty for saying that out loud. I quickly turn to look at him. He now sitting in the same position that I was a second ago, his head laying back on the chair, staring up at the sky. "We haven't, you know," he trails off. "Since the miscarriage."

"Dee-"

"I know what you're gonna say, to give it some time, and I am, KP, believe me I am. After we got back from lunch she asked me to go over, so I did. We were just watching tv, laying down, and one thing lead up to another when shit started heating up, getting all touchy touchy and I obviously got fücking hard thinking it was gonna happened, I should've fucking knew better by now. I ended up getting frustrated and blew up in her face," he sighed.

"Yo-"

"I instantly regretted it," he talks over me. " I felt like shit, I still do. It's just, I don't know, I got caught up in the heat of the moment. I've been trying to apologize to her ever since but she won't talk to me."

"She was over yesterday though, before we left," I point out.

"Only because my mom invited her over," he mumbles. "I don't know what to do, KP, I don't know how else to apologize."

"Flowers," I smile, sitting up. "They always work even if they act like they're still mad. Stop telling her you're fucking sorry though, show her, take her out, do something nice for her, show her how much of an idiot you are and I can guarantee you that the ice will break, or maybe, I don't know, this is Ang we're talking about."

Dion reaches over beside him and tosses a cushion in my direction while laughing softly, "idiot!"

I laugh along with him while setting the pillow on my lap, "seriously, Dee, actions speak louder than words, they kill for that shit. It's time that you tap into your romantic side."

"I don't have such a thing."

"Neither did I," I smile while reaching for my phone vibrating phone in my pocket.

I pull it out to see that I have two text messages from Hailey and quickly open them. I begin to laugh softly as I read her messages.

"What?" Dion grumbles next to me.

I shake my head and wave my phone at him, "Hailey's craving biscuits and gravy from Bo's."

"Craving's huh," he grins.

I stop texting Hailey back and glance over at Dion, "shut the fuck up." He chuckles sitting back in his chair, lifting his hands up about mid air in surrender.

"She told me what happened yesterday," I finish texting my girl back, looking up at Dion. He frowns not having a clue as to what I'm talking about. I shove my phone back into my jeans, smiling, "you, asking about us, about certain things we've done, or haven't."

"That wasn't from me! It was all Angela, she was the one being nosey! I could care less what you guys do behind closed doors." He exclaims.

"What makes you think we even do anything?"

He gives me a knowing look, "you've never been the private type, up until you started dating red, KP. I legitimately know who you've fucked and where it probably happened."

I laugh it off because it's true, I use to tell Dion everything when it came to hooking up with girls, just like he did.

"I didn't get it at first," he mumbles. "But now I do, I now know that it's a form of respect, for her. Shit I wouldn't want you or the guys to know what Angela and I do, especially because she's your friend too. But I give Red props man, I didn't think she had it in her, literally," he laughs.