Chapter Thirty Eight

Dion comes back into the room a little short after, not saying a word, instantly starting to pat the room down, picking up Isaac's things, packing them up. I watch him quietly for a few seconds when he starts to yell at Angela in Italian, a not so nice tone, she quickly yells back in English and storms out of the room.

I glance down at Isaac to make sure that he's okay and still breathing before getting off the bed and ask Dion what's wrong.

He ignores me the first two times, but I don't think its intentionally, he's too preoccupied with whatever he's doing.

I grab onto his arm, attempting to stop him, and he instantly turns around, almost as if I actually scared him. "What's going on?"

"He's coming," he mumbles, zipping up the black duffle bag in front of him.

"Who is?" I frown as Dion grabs the bag, walking out of the bedroom and I follow behind him.

"Dion, who's coming?!" I ask again and pause in the middle of the door way when I see Angela doing the same thing that Dion was doing in the bedroom. She's cleaning up the place.

Dion tosses the bag onto the couch in the living room, walking back into the bedroom, well at least he tried but im currently still in the way. He stops in front of me but doesn't say anything, he stares at me for a couple seconds, expecting me to move out of the way but I don't, I deserve to know what's going on just as much as them. "What's going on?" I ask for a third time.

Dion sighs deeply, kindly pulling me out of the way. "Dion-"

"Mr. Matteo, Hailey." Dion grumbles over his shoulder. "He's on his way over here, and if I don't have this place spotless, hiding anything and everything that Isaac has been doing this weekend, we're both gonna fucking be dead." I stare at him a bit confused. Both? "Me and him I mean.. So please be a doll and stay out of the way."

"How can I help," I tell him. "What should I do?"

"You're fine, Red, this doesn't concern you."

"Oh my fücking god, Dion! Just tell me what the fuck to do and let me help!"

He narrows his eyes at me for a few seconds but then they start to relax, "the bathroom," he replies. "Make sure there's nothing in there that's gonna get him in trouble."

I nod my head, glancing over at Isaac one last time before heading into the restroom. To my surprise the bathrooms actually pretty clean, there's nothing in here but a few towels laying on the ground. I check under the sink, in the drawers, behind the mirror just to be safe, but find nothing. I pick up the two towels from the floor and hang them on the towel rack, when there's some loud banging coming from outside of the room.

I walk out of the bathroom, but never get the chance to step out of the bedroom because Mr. Matteo and another big scary guy are storming in. Mr. Matteo and I make eye contact for a quick second before he goes to attend his unconscious son, and the big scary guy is now marching in my direction and I find myself cowering backwards.

"Not her," Mr. Matteo snarls deeply, and the big guy pauses a couple feet away from me. He nods one single time, and takes a few steps back never taking his eyes off of me and it's starts to make me a little uncomfortable. "When did he call you?"

I turn in the direction from where Mr. Matteo's voice is coming from, he's now siting on the bed, with Isaac's head on his lap, attempting to wake him up.

"I believe I asked you a question, Ms. Summers." He growls impatiently, never taking his gaze off of his son.

"Y-yes, I'm sorry. Um, almost two hours ago."