Chapter Eight

Something weird happened after Isaac kissed me. It's like every little emotion, and worry that I felt about him suddenly evaporated into thin air. I still knew that he had a short temper. I still knew that Isaac was a dangerous guy. I knew where he came from, but I somehow knew that he wouldn't hurt me. I no longer felt so uncomfortable around him. I still felt shy, but it was a more bubbly girly shy, rather than an unpleasant one.

Isaac didn't kiss me again after that, we didn't have a total make out session at McDonald's if that's what you're thinking. He actually scooted back some and we just talked. We stayed at the restaurant for about forty more minutes talking, mostly about me. Isaac didn't really open up about much, then again I think he was afraid to. He said that he would only tell me the things that I needed to know, he didn't want to ruin the progress he had just done, he didn't want to scare me away.

He told me about his friendship with Angela, apparently the two go way back, and the same goes for his buddy Dion. I had just figured that Dion was some type of body guard because he literally looked like his bodyguard, he was always around Isaac. Apparently Isaac, Angela, and Dion all use to live next door to each other, up until Isaac's father felt like they needed a bigger house and moved into a gated community. I don't see why a family of three would want such a huge house.

Isaac had basically gave me the run on the few basic things that he felt like I needed to know, but there was so much more to him that I wanted to know, but I knew that it was to soon for all of that. I knew that he wasn't ready to tell me, and I exactly wasn't ready to know that side of him either. I told him about Carmen just like he had told me about his two best friends. I was actually pretty surprised when Isaac had mentioned that he remembered having Carmen for a class freshman year. Apparently he had a friend named Frankie who had a major crush on Carmen, but he never actually grew a pair and asked her out.

He asked about my family and what they were like, so I told him how it was only my dad and I because Caleb was away at school, and how my mother was no longer with us, but I didn't really get into details about what had happened. I felt his mood instantly change, and I almost regretted talking about my mom. I didn't want him to get serious on me now, I was loving every bit of conversation we were having.

"So is it your actual birthday today?" I ask him trying to liven up the mood again. "Angela never said what day it actually was, just that your birthday was this weekend."

He shakes his head, "it's tomorrow, but my dad already has this whole thing planned out with the family. I guess that's why Ang and Dion decided to throw their party today. I specifically told them that I didn't want to do anything this year, and what do they do? They throw a fucking party." He says sarcastically and I laugh softly. "One good thing came out of it though.."

"Yeah? And what's that?" I smile, genuinely curious.

He leans his face closer into mine and I think he's gonna kiss me again, but he doesn't. "If they didn't go against what I said, Ang would've never invited you and you would've never of showed up. We wouldn't be sitting here right now." I smile looking up into those dark intense eyes and nod. It's all I can thinking of doing besides kissing him, but then I start to doubt myself so I chicken out. Isaac chuckles along with me when he brings his right arm in front of him, staring at the black Rolex on his wrist. He groans quietly to himself, "although I really don't want to, I should probably get you home before it gets too late."

"Okay," I say softly and start picking up my mess, tossing it onto the food tray. Isaac does the same and see's that there's a nugget left inside of the little box and plops it into his mouth. I giggle at him and he winks at me while standing up, picking up the tray with him. I get out of the booth after him grabbing my bag, and follow closely behind him. He tosses the trash and left over fries, setting the tray on top of the bins and holds the door open for me. I walk passed him softly thanking him, and he walks besides me opening the passenger door for me.