The Race For Love. Chapter 7

Start from the beginning

"Shit," I muttered. How did that happen? I was ahead of him. That cheater, his arms and legs are longer than mine. I began to reel myself down and take off the equipment once I reached the floor.

"Aww don't be mad, get glad," Jake said while laughing.

"Shutup," I yelled at him.

"Aww you need a hug," he said coming closer to me.

"Don't touch me Jake," I said.

"Okay okay," he said holding his hands up. " I was just trying to be the bigger person.

"Whatever, you are so full of shit. Come on lets go to the next one."

The next attraction was a maze. We had to go in the maze and find three towers. We were suppose to get some type of stamp from the towers and then find our way back out and who ever got out first with all three stamps won, this was going to be fun.

Jake and I stood at two different entrances. A person that worked there was going to tell us when to go.

"This one is mine," I shouted to Jake.

"We'll see about that," he said. The worker began the countdown.

"On you marks... Get set...... Go!" I launched into the maze looking for the towers. I went around this corner. I went to the left and then to the right, I had even turned around a few times. Where in the hell was the towers? I toned it down from a run to a jog because I was getting tired. I turned a few more corners and there was the tower. I picked up my speed and ran to it to collect a stamp. Okay, now to the next one.

It felt like I had been in the maze for hours before I found the last two towers and got stamps. Now all I had to do was find my way out. I hope Jake wasn't done yet, I couldn't let him beat me again. I picked up my speed and jolted around corners and then I saw the exit so I sprinted towards it. Once I was out I looked around. No sign of Jake. Then, I walked out towards the workers booth and there they were, sitting there chatting. What the hell? Jake looked up at me.

"Finally! You were in there for a while, we almost started to come in and get you," he said laughing. There was no way. How in the hell? I sighed and went and sat down.

"Here's some water," Jake said handing me a bottle.

"Thanks," I said. "I hate you, how the hell did you get out of there before me." He replied with laughter.

"Maybe I'm just faster than you," he said.

"Whatever, what's the next attraction?"

"Happy Hoops."

"What," I gasped. I was so tired and out of breath. I felt like I was going to die.

"It's a basketball game," he explained. "You have to get the ball to bounce off targets and into the goal" he said. I sighed.

"Okay, come on let's go," I said getting up and heading towards the basketball hoops course. "Jake it's obvious that you have been here a bunch of times, so that's how you win everything."

"What? I have only been here twice," he stated. He had won all three events. I didn't even want to play anymore.

"I'm ready to go," I sighed. The sky was beginning to darken and we had to drive all the way to Tennessee, well Jake had to drive.

"We have one more attraction," he stated.

"I don't care, I'm tired and I want to go," I said.

"Okay," he said walking out the park. We got in the car and he began to drive.

"Jake?"

"Yea," he answered.

"Do you have kids," I asked. It had been on my mind and I was just curious.

"Naw. Never got around to that."

"Oh."

"Why? Are you and Trevon trying to have kids?" My face turned red and I looked away. "Alyssa... are you pregnant?!"

"No Jake, I'm not," I slumped down in my seat and looked out the window. I hated talking about having kids. Trevon and I had been trying for awhile and I couldn't get pregnant; I wasn't ready for kids but Trevon was, so he got mad everytime he found out I wasn't pregnant. I sighed and continued looking out the window until I fell into a deep slumber.

I looked at Alyssa's sleeping figure in the passenger seat. We had been driving for about two hours and were now in Georgia. I exited off the interstate and found an Embassy Suites. I pulled into a space and went to go get a room. Once I purchased the room I went to the car and picked up Alyssa and carried her to the room, placing her on the bed. She was worn out from today. I kind of felt bad because of how long she was in that maze. I asked the worker to say that I went in too when, in reality, I didn't. It was hilarious though seeing her face when she came out.

I pulled off her shoes and pulled the covers over her, then I went downstairs and got some bags and bought them up to the room. I climbed into the bed next to Alyssa and wrapped my arm around her waist, pulling her closer to me. Damn, I missed this so much. I missed her in general. I wanted her back into my life there was no doubt about it, I just had to make her realize that she wanted me too.