The Race For Love. Chapter 7

Start from the beginning

"Here you go sir," she said handing Jake some tickets and bracelets. "Y'all have a nice day." I followed Jake and he led me through a door, where we walked down some stairs and into another door. It was pitch black and cold and I was scared; I hated the dark. I reached my hand out trying to find Jake. I found him and moved closer to him gripping his hand in mine.I heard him chuckle, but I let it go. We walked a few more steps and then lights came on but they were very dim. I looked at my surroundings. Oh. My. Gosh. We were in an underground cave! It was scary but pretty at the same time. I did a three-sixty turn trying to look at all of my surroundings.

"Come on let's walk," Jake said. His voice sounded so loud and echoed throughout the whole place. I laughed.

"Wow, that was loud," I laughed again at my own echo. I was so lame. I followed Jake as he walked over a bridge, below it was like a mini river that disappeared into a hole in the wall of the cave.

"This would be a nice place to have sex," Jake said.

"Jake!" He laughed. "You are such a freak," I said making him laugh some more.

"If I'm a freak, anybody that can keep up with me is a freak also," he said looking at me. I slapped his arm and continued walking. "But you can't deny that this would be like the perfect place," he stated.

"Jake shut up," I told him. He laughed and we continued walking. About ten minutes later we exited the cave and emerged into an amusement park.

"And here is where the games begin," Jake said pulling me. "Okay so we have four attractions, whomever wins the most gets a favor done," he said.

"Oh hell no, Jake do you think I'm stupid. I know what kind of favor you will want," I said to him. He laughed.

"Nothing irrational Lyssa, I promise."

"Okay whatever."

"Okay first up, wall climbing," he said walking towards the tall walls.

"You're on," I said jogging to catch up with him.

We were both strapped into our harnesses. Feet in the first holes and hands on the next. I waited for the guy to sound the horn. I looked at Jake.

"Don't think I'm going to go easy on you," he staid.

"I wouldn't expect you to," I stated. I turn my face back to the wall and as soon as the horn blared I was in motion. Using all my strength and speed, I tried to get to the top before Jake; I had to win. I guess Jake was right, I was very competitive. I continued to climb and decided to glance over to see where Jake was. Yay, I was above him. I contined to climb, hoping that my excitement wouldn't slow me down. I was almost there, I was so close to the buzzard. I began to reach my hand out.

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! What the hell? I didn't press it. I looked over at Jake and he was reeling himself down.