We walked in comfortable silence for a little while before I finally broke it, "So how'd you know?" I asked, he raised his brow and looked down at me. His height difference was very apparent to me in that moment. "How did you know I knew?" I cleared up, he released a hum sound. 

"Well by the way you seemed to always be fascinated by my eyes," He stared, "My kind has a hard time disguising that part of us, even the elders seem to have issues." I stayed quiet knowing that he has more to say, no matter how much I wanted to ask more questions. "There were also rumors going around that there was a Shadow Walker," He smirked looking over at me, I couldn't help the groan that was released. "Oh and you know you also asked me in your house, 'What are you' so that was kind of a dead give away," He chuckled trying his hardest to mimic me, but instead sounded like a strangled  squirrel. 

"One, I don't sound like that jerk," I hissed punching him again, "And second, yeah that probably would be." I groaned laying my head back down on his shoulder, he laughed at me. "So what did you want to talk about?" I asked, realizing that while I had a million questions, he was the one who had been begging to talk. He side eyed me before looking back to in front of him, I looked as well to find that we had come up to the large open pond that I remembered. I was stunned however, to find beside it was a large blanket laid out and picnic set up. I smiled brightly and looked up at Jordan to find him already looking at me. 

I rushed over to the blanket and sat down relaxing on it. He followed and sat down as well. Beside him sat a 3 baskets of different sizes, he opened the first large one and pulled out another crouched looking blanket and passed it to me. Happily I spread it out over us and instantly began to feel warmer. I watched the water as he pulled over the more medium sized basket and opened it up, pulling out different tupperware containers. As he opened them I noticed most were filled with fruit and vegetables. While another had little sandwiches, and cheese and crackers. "What the hell Jordan?" I chuckled grabbing on of the sandwiches and taking a big bite out of it. 

"It was simple, easy and well... Normal," He answered a question I didn't really ask. "Figured it was something you needed right now. To just enjoy something normal?" He questioned tilting his head. I couldn't help but smile,

"Yeah definitely what I needed," I said taking another bite of the sandwich. He smiled back bit down on his own as well. We gained a comfortable silence again, just watching the water and enjoying the food. The smaller basket has a few drink choices, I instantly went for the apple juice. We sat and relaxed until he finally broke the quiet, 

"I wanted to talk about you, who you are, what you are and the dangers you are in." He stated looking around the forest. I groaned realizing I was about to get a speech, close to the same as Ben's. He chuckled at my response, "I'm not here to preach to you Olive," He said with a matter a fact voice. I gave him a 'oh yeah?' look raising my brow and crossing my arms. He chuckled at my expression and leaned back on his hands. "I'm sure Ben has told you a lot about your kind already but-"

"No, not really," I interrupted with a grumble. He raised his brow, a confused look took over his face. 

"Wait he hasn't told you about," He paused looking away and thinking, his eyebrows knitting together. "Well that's just stupid, you need to know what happened to them, so you know why?" He said again looking confused. I frowned as his reaction, genuinely confused on how concerned he was coming off. "Well obviously you know your a shadow walker?" He said more as a question then I think he meant it. I nodded, raising my brow, almost growing excited to know more. 

"I also know they were wiped out," I added allowing him to skip that part,

"Do you know why?" He questioned leaning his head back and closing his eyes.