Chapter 7

I let her words ring in my head for a while, I could have sworn I stood there frozen for hours just thinking. Vampires; probably incredible different to many people, but to me I thought of Dracula, a thin digusting creature. With long uneven, ugly teeth, burns in the sunlight and drinks the blood of vulnerable people; evil. That wasn't Ben, Ben was gentle, kind, his eyes held a loving nature and purity. His movements were deliberate but considerate; good. So how could something so amazing, be such a evil monster?

I shook my head, I had to ask him myself. Turning I walked toward the door, and tested the handle, happy to find it turn allowing me entrance into the home. I wasn't sure if it was purposely, that Celeste knew I would give him the chance, or if it was just a hopeful chance. I pushed the door open slowly trying not to make a sound. The window covers were raised revealing the beautiful night, I looked around stepping cautiously into the house. Then he caught my eye, he stood in the kitchen leaning against the island. He was staring off toward the window, completely unaware of me, standing a few feet away. In his hand was a glass, filled half way, with a thick red substance, I shivered knowing exactly what is was. I closed the door behind me, and it seemed the click of it caught his attention. He eyes widened at the sight of me, "Olive," He was about to step forward when he realized the glass. Quickly he shifted toward the fridge, opening it and putting the glass inside. 

He then turned his vision toward me, stepping closer, his eyes seemed to search my face. I gulped the closer he got, standing a foot away now. "What, what are you doing here?" He questioned his eyes filled with the same sadness as earlier. 

"I wanted to give you the chance to explain," I said taking a deep confident breathe. His lips quivered up slightly but slid quickly back to a sad straight line, as he nodded. He gestured toward the black couches that sat in the living room, which I gladly took the opportunity to walk toward. I sat down on love seat and relaxed into it for a split second, until he sat down across from me in the chair. I sat up and cleared my throat, eyeing him, it was obvious that he was nervous, his brown eyes searching everywhere. I decided to break the tension by starting, "How old are you really?" I questioned, his eyes flickered toward me. 

"In human years I am 23," He answered distantly, I raised my brow giving him a unimpressed look. He sighed "I'm 116 years old," He answered his eyes shifted to the ground, I couldn't help but stare. Imagining him old, the age to his thick hair, how he might have even done bald. His smooth face developing wrinkles in the corner of his eyes, and smile lines that made his face droop. His tall standing stature would no longer be straight, and he might have even needed a cane like my grandfather did. How at 116 I wouldn't have met him, his likelihood of being dead already was so high. That those dark eyes would no longer light up with a look of fondness when I rambled, that they would be frosted over with the sickening blue of death. That his movements would no longer be strong and deliberate. That instead he'd be six feet under ground, who knows where. My heart ached at the thought, made me feel as if I were chocking on my own breath. This feeling, this horrible feeling that I might have never have met this man, this beautiful man, hurt so deeply. It made the fact that he was, and always will be a vampire, that slightly more okay. 

I didn't realize that his dark eyes were staring at me with a concerned look. I didn't realize he was moving closer to me, very slowly not to scare me in anyway. I didn't realize him kneeling in front of me, that was until he placed his hand gently on my knee. That was when I felt the tear run down my cheek, that was when I realized I was in love with a god damn Vampire. A man I barely knew anything about. His eyes brows were netted together, "Why are you crying?" He questioned, making me quickly wipe away my tears, taking a deep breath to regain my composure. I shrugged his hand off, which awarded me a sad look and a nod as he stood and went to sit back down.