Chapter 14

The sound of a hard rain was the first thing I was able to take in that morning. Next being the sweet smell of damp cool air coming in through the window. Releasing a sigh of contentment, I snuggled deeper into my blankets. I always enjoyed the smell, as it reminded me of the warm feeling of fall. While the season was literally chilly, it brought warm memories, that always made me look forward to the season.

I slowly opened my eyes looking forward to seeing what had to be a stormy morning, but instantly cringed at the horrible pain the struck into my temple. I groaned sitting up slowly and rubbed my eyes, feeling as if my stomach had literally been taken out and replace with a bowling ball. "Olive?" I heard making me squint and look to my left,  I was greeted with a very exhausted looking Patrick giving me a wary look.

"Jesus Patty I feel like I've gotten the shit kicked out of me," I groaned rubbing my temples, he let out a sad chuckle,

"Here," he said handing me a small red pill and a glass of water. I took it eagerly and swallowed the pill, thankful for it. I realized then that I was no longer dressed in the horrendously revealing outfit from the night before. Instead in a overly large t-shirt and one of my pajama shorts. 

"What happened?" I questioned, looking back to Patrick, 

"You went to the bar last night, Ben ended up bringing you home a 12ish saying that you had been roofied." He answered, his words were slow, and hesitant, almost as if he were trying his hardest to lower the blow it had. It helped, it allowed me to slowly remember the events of the night before. "One other thing," Patrick's voice was sticky, like he didn't want to talk about it. I looked back at him raising my brow, "Do you remember much of last night?" He asked, nervous. I sighed, the memories I had didn't even feel like my own, like I was watching a movie.

"Yeah but its spotty," I answered, finally feeling a bit of relief from the quick acting pain medication. 

"Do you remember what the guy looked like?" He asked, I frowned slight, my brain reeling with all the faces I had seen that night, pausing briefly on Q's face. "The guy that tried to-" He paused nipping at his lip, adding context.

"Yeah, yeah," I said frowning at the memory that seemed to send a shudder down my spine. "He was young, tall, broad one of those football types. Redish hair and a blue eyes," The more I said the more pale Patrick seemed to become. Pausing I frowned, "What?" I pressed knowing he was giving me that look for a reason. He seemed to swallow hard then sat down in front of me on the bed. 

"Um, well a guy was found in the ally beside the bar you guys were at," He paused taking a deep breath, "He was completely mauled, his throat was ripped out and," He shuddered, "Apparently, normally it would have been a blood bath but," He stopped. My blood started to run cold, already insinuating what was coming, "But there was no blood, completely drained." I felt sick to my stomach, how could Ben have done that, I don't care how angry, that was still a life. "They think is was some sort of animal but," His train of thought trailed off. 

Luckily the tension was cut when my mother entered the bedroom holding a tray of food. "Oh your awake!" She said happily placing the food tray onto my waist. On it was what looked like chicken noodle soup and crackers with a ginger ale. I frowned at the meal, 

"What time is it?" I asked looking around, because of the rain and early morning feel it felt like it was only 8am. 

"Sweet heart, its almost 2:30pm," My mother answered, sending a soft smile. I groaned realizing how much of the day had been lost. "Your friends stopped by to check on you, but" She paused looking uneasy.

"That Ben boy hasn't come since he dropped you off." She looked away, obviously feeling bad. I was hesitant with replying, I knew I needed to talk to him. However, I couldn't help but feel a little betrayed by his actions. It had to have been him, yet something in me screamed that he couldn't do something like that.