hachi | Kagura | P1

Shifting my shopping bags to get more comfortable, I caught sight of a cat staring back at me

Shifting my shopping bags to get more comfortable, I caught sight of a cat staring back at me. It was wearing a cute outfit with black polka dots on an otherwise pink background.

I looked around, making sure no one could see this side of me. Being the loner in my school, I was meant to be the quiet, emo girl who didn't have any friends.

Erza was not in my class after all, otherwise my reputation would be entirely different.

Satisfied with no one around, I proceeded to rub its head, then squeezing its cheeks. "Fro!" the cat seemed to say.

Startled, I ran a few yards back. "Wh-what did you just s-say?"

"Fro! Fro!"

"Y-you can s-speak?" I stuttered in surprise.

The cat waddled up to me and wrapped his small arms around my shins. I blushed at his warm embrace, and rubbed its head again.

"Frosch!" A dark-haired man ran up to both of us and picked up Fro in his hands. He looked at me and I tried to look away, but was too engrossed by his red eyes. There was a scar on his nose which he hadn't bothered to hide.

Both of us were extremely shy. "U-uh, I'm Rogue... Thanks for finding Frosch," he beamed.

"I-I'm Kagura..."

He pointed to a house that was on the end of the street. "For repayment, I'm right down there if you need anything."

Repayment?

Eyes wide, I took this chance. "T-then, will I be able to visit Frosch some time?" I looked back at the cat, once again blushing at its cuteness.

Rogue seemed taken aback by my suggestion, but smiled to cover it up. "O-oh sure!"

~~~

It was the day to set off for the quest. Mira was pointing frantically at the paper she was holding in her hands. "Okay group, this is our quest! We'll be heading to the forest, so if you don't have your tents or anything, tough!"

Mirajane scowled at what Erza had packed. She was wheeling a large trolley that was filled to the brim. "Are you going to carry that for the whole quest?!"

At once, three others came to join us. "Ah, Jellal, Meredy, Ultear," Mirajane said, winking at the last two names. "Pleasure for you to join us."

"Why is our rival school here?" Erza asked, a bit flustered.

"Because," Mira answered slowly, "It's best for both schools to get to know each other more. And jellal agreed."

Erza was silenced when Sting and the boy I saw this morning came into view. The same cat was held in his arms.

"It's you!" I said, surprised. "And Frosch!" I felt my face heat up at the sight of the cat.

"You're the girl who keeps coming into my house and not saying anything!" Rogue returned.

I flushed deep red. "T-that's because you said I could!"

"But you don't have to be so silent when you come in!"

Mirajane was grinning widely. "Ahhh, a lover's quarrel!"

Rogue and I glared at her and she gulped. "Lovebirds! Why don't we all get into the carriage!"

~~~

After the ride, and a few vomits later from some of the boys, Mirajane sent us to set up our tents for the night.

"These tents are meant to be shared!" Lucy and Levy gave each other a signal that meant they'd go together, but Mirajane clicked her fingers and sighed disappointingly.

"No, no, no," she shook her head. "I'm going to put you into pairs!" Stating pointedly at everyone to make sure they weren't going to stop her, she recited, "Natsu and Lucy, Juvia and Gray, Levy and Gajeel, Kagura and Rogue —" I glanced uneasily at Rogue, who only mirrored my shock, "—Sting and Yukino, Erza and Jellal and —"

"Laxus and Mira!" Meredy concluded, ushering everyone to get building.

"No!" Mirajane reddened. "Laxus and Ultear!"

Meredy showed her badge, that glinted evilly. "I have a badge."

"That's a fake!" Mira roared.

Meredy only shrugged and left the group to their work.

~~~

How do you guys feel about the book so far? Hopefully it's OK... Lol.

SOOO... School’s has been more worse than what i’d anticipated. Actually, after I publish the next chapter... This book may have to pause for a bit...

IM SORRYYY but think of it as a chance for me to get more inspiration and write more fun stuff?!? Maybe????

See ya soon! (Hopefully)