Lana and Melanie were stuck in a glare off, while Jessalyn and Nutmeg remained silent. They didn't want to take sides, but deep down they knew who they valued. And it wasn't Lana.

"I know, I saw," Melanie spoke. Though the words she spoke could have been sarcastic, their was absolutely no vile in it. "I'm so sorry."

"Sorry?" Lana yelled, "Where is your loyalty?"

Melanie stared at Lana incredulously, wanting to smack this girl around.

"My loyalty? I've known you, well human you, for less than an hour! I've known Payton for as long as I can remember. So sorry that someone I've known for years takes priority over someone who'd leave me for dead!"

Melanie stood opposite of Lana, and before Lana even moved, Mel knew what she'd do. Lana advanced at Melanie with claws out, but Melanie grabbed her hand and twisted it.

She didn't release it until a snap came from somewhere in Lana's arm, and Lana let out a scream. She staggered back towards Jess and Nutmeg, who just looked down.

Melanie advanced towards Lana, throwing her backwards. She hit the wall with a loud thud, dropping to the floor. Lana stayed on the ground for a few seconds, keeping her gaze down from Melanie's.

Seconds later, Melanie's anger evaporated. She was left shocked at what she had done, but more shocked at the two shewolves who slowly approached her.

"We're sorry, Lana." Nutmeg whispered, before she stood next to Melanie. Both Jess and Nutmeg found it difficult and frightening to stand next to Payton, but they prayed that Melanie would protect them.

Luckily, they'd earned her trust.

"Payton, these ones are my friends. They're in my pack," Mel spoke. Payton stared in silence for a few seconds before she nodded. She didn't like the fact that she was going to let these wolves out into the world, but she would do anything for Melanie.

"You guys need to leave," Payton said, "My parents will be here soon."

Melanie and Payton stared at each other for a bit longer, the duo wishing that they could've had more time together.

"I love you, Payton," Melanie said. She hid her sadness beneath a smile. She knew that she didn't need to be sad, that she would see Payton on Monday at school. But she was sad anyways, sad that her and her best friend were now part of opposite worlds.

"Love you too, Mel. Now go, we'll talk later."

Melanie stared for a bit longer, before her and the shewolves ran off. They left Lana behind, not knowing what he fate was going to be. But they knew that they needed a pack more than they needed Lana. They knew that Lana would've blown it for them, so they had accepted the sacrifice that was just made.

And Melanie, all she could think about was seeing Issac. She followed his faded sent, and her memory all the way to his house. She hadn't noticed how much faster she was than the others, but they'd still found her anyways.

Melanie bounded up the porch, and swung the door open. And like something out of a movie, there stood Issac, head in his hands and sitting on the couch.

His head snapped up, and their eyes connected. A pair of bloodshot, tear filled green eyes, and a pair of joyful brown ones met.

For a split second they just stared.

And then the two ran at each other, throwing their arms around each other with urgency. Melanie shrieked as her feet were lifted off of the ground by Issac. He was holding her at his level in a hug with his face planted in her neck.

It was a competition of who could hold the other tighter, of who could prove they missed the other more. They hugged so tightly that they were basically one. That they felt like they would met together.

Most of their emotions came out in that hug, and the emotions that were left over came out in a kiss.

And not the same kiss from the other night, but a more ravenous kiss; a deprived kiss. Their lips moved in perfect sync, and their hands roamed each other's bodies. They were determined to shower the other in affection.

They were so engrossed in their own world, their own fantasy, that they didn't notice Jess or Nutmeg standing their. They couldn't help but watch the pair, amazed over the bond between the alpha and the shewolf.

It was clear that they really, really cared about each other.

And so when they broke apart, and stared into the others eyes, only then did they both notice the wolves.

Issac stared at Jess and Nutmeg with confusion, sending a questioning look towards Melanie, who smiled nervously.

"You said you wanted a pack, so I picked up a couple of strays." Melanie explained, she spoke like she was verbally walking on eggshells. Like she didn't know how Issac was going to react.

So you could guess that Melanie was pleasantly surprised when he just brushed it off.

"They can stay, I don't care," Issac hugged Melanie, "I'm just thankful that you're here."

Melanie tucked her head under Issac's, hiding her red-cheeked smile and her twinkling eyes. She didn't know that Issac already saw the smile, and thought about how adorable it was.

He thought about how he'd only known this girl for about a month, but how he'd already cared more about her than the people he already knew for years.

They remained hugging, neither of them near ready to break it. So they just stayed their, absentmindedly building their bond.

They'd absentmindedly formed a bond that was only shared between mates, yet they weren't mates. They would never be just mates.

Cute little sappy chapter, did ya like it though?