Part Nine

Yoona feels light start to wake her from her sleep, her eyelids are trying to stop the light from shining too bright. She takes a deep breath before opening her eyelids. The first thing she sees is the ceiling of her hospital room, the white lamp staring back at her. She closes her eyes again because the light is still too bright, but then she heard a groan. 

She suddenly opens her eyes again and look at the direction of the voice. A guy is sleeping on the couch, and not just any guy, but it's Yoongi. Her eyes went wide and she lets out a gasp, what is he doing here?!

Her gasp wakes Yoongi from his sleep, he blinks few times before turning his head towards Yoona's hospital bed. His eyes go wide at the realization that she's awake, he stands up right away. But before he says anything, Yoona cuts him.

"Oppa, what are you doing here?" her voice is weak, she's afraid she might break down. "How do you know I'm here? And where is my mother?" Yoongi sits beside her leg on the hospital bed and closes his eyes, tries not to spill any tears. "Why?" his voice is shaking, he doesn't want to break in front of her.

Yoona closes her eyes too, "I don't want you to treat me out of pity or even leave me." she feels a tear betrays her, it rolls down on her left cheek. Yoongi opens his eyes and looks at Yoona in surprise, "I will never leave you, Yoona-ah. You know-"

"But you once did, oppa! You disappeared all of sudden, left me with all the pain I have to endure." she looks at him, his watery red eyes match hers. 

"I had no one to talk to, oppa. You were the only one I can trust, you were the only one.." she stops her words and starts sobbing hard. She puts her face in her hands. Yoongi pulls Yoona right away into his arms, he's afraid if he lets her cry alone, she will break. Yoongi buries his face in her hair, also sobbing.

Yoona is crying because she hates to see her best friend, the guy she loves cries because of her. This is one of the reason she didn't want to tell him about her condition. She hears him sobbing and the sound pains her. She buries her head in his chest, his body shaking just like hers. She hears him saying "I'm sorry, jagiya" faintly in her ears few times.

Sobs turn into hiccups. Yoongi finally pulls his face out of Yoona's hair and cups her cheeks with his hands. He looks at the girl she loves in the eyes. Those dark eyes are fills with sadness and he hates it. He wipes the tears that roll down from her eyes. He can't believe something horrible happens to her, the most delicate person he ever known.

Yoongi cups Yoona's cheeks with both of his hands and tilts her head up to face him. Those dark eyes are now close, with tears still streaming on her cheeks. Her pale face is glowing. He loves this girl. He hates to see her in pain. Without saying anything, Yoongi brings his face down and molds his lips with hers.

Yoona does not see that coming, his soft and wet lips are crashing against hers. She closes her eyes even tighter. She can't believe this is happening. At first she doesn't kiss back but then she let herself lost in the kiss. Their lips are moving perfectly in sync with each other's. Both of them can feel the unspoken love they have for each other.

That amazing moment has to end when Yoona suddenly pulls out from the kiss and starts to cough really badly. Yoongi's eyes went wide, "Yoona-ah, what's wrong?" he rubs her back, trying to ease the cough. In panic, Yoongi press the button near the bed to call a nurse. He can feel tears roll down on his cheek. He hates seeing her in pain.

Within seconds, a nurse comes inside the room. Yoongi turns his head to the nurse with tears in his eyes, the nurse's eyes widen and runs out of the room yelling "Code Blue! Code Blue!"

Yoongi closes his eyes in despair.

I hate seeing you like this..

Yoongi mind suddenly blank, he's too confused and sad at the same time. He doesn't remember what happened, all he remembers is that someone dragged him out of the hospital room far from Yoona who was still coughing. He sits on the floor in the hall, resting his head on the wall with tears in his eyes.

"Yoongi!" Someone shouts his name, he also hears footsteps running in the hall. Niall looks up to the direction of the voice and he saw Yoona's mom, Eunha runs to him with tears on her cheeks.

Eunha sits next to him. "Yoongi, honey." she puts her hands around him. All Yoongi can do is resting his head on Tara's shoulder, cannot let a word out, afraid he will break down even more if he did.

His world feels like it crumbles into oblivion the minute those nurses and doctors went inside Yoona's room. He doesn't notice the tears that stream on his pale cheeks. He doesn't even notice that all of BTS members are there and whispering soothing words to him. He will die if something bad happens to Yoona. He will never forgive himself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited on 01/04/2019

Don't be a silent reader~ Go vote and comment! Hope you guys enjoy! THANK YOU <3