My Curse

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters from the show, or the show it's self. I just own my own characters.

My Curse is the title of this chapter and is a song by Killswitch Engage. I do not own.

The Kaiba Twins Revised

Chapter Twelve: My Curse

It was around noon when Sahirah found a huge book on Ancient Egypt on the top shelf at the library. Ryou and her decided to go to the library together to grab some books. Sahirah told Ryou that she decided that she'd like to learn about different places like he does. That was only partly true. She figured that maybe if she learned something about Egypt she would understand half of the dreams she had been having about the two girls. The dreams came every other night, and on the nights she wasn't dreaming about the girls then she was having dreams about her own past in New Jersey.

Opening the book she sighed; surely there would be something on the two girls in here somewhere. The images of pyramids flash in her mind as she saw them in the book, except in her mind they were perfect, not crumbled. The book revealed nothing.

Sighing she put the book in her pile anyway before grabbing another from the shelf. This was heavier and she dropped it, the book hitting on an edge and opening. Sahirah bent down to pick the book up but the pages caught her eyes. There was a picture of a stone tablet with what looked like one of Yugi's Duel Monster cards. On the page next to it there were a few pictures of statues. One was of two girls and another was of the king and two of his most trusted guards.

Sahirah's vision got blurry, her ears were burning, she raised her hands to touch them only to quickly pull them back. Her pyramid earrings were scorching hot. Her vision was now darkening and she could feel herself slump down as if suddenly all of her energy was pushed out of her body in a huge blast.

Downstairs Ryou went rigid. "What's that power?" He asked to himself.

'I don't know little one. Let me take over and find out.' A voice laughed in Ryou's head and before Ryou could think he felt dizzy and almost lost his footing. He opened his eyes but they were darker. "This is an interestingly familiar power." Bakura snickered as he moved to the staircase.

***

It was almost nightfall, the sun was dipping into the Nile River, resting for the night. The girl who was said to be working with birds in the past few memories was sitting on the steps outside of the palace, watching the town lights being lit. The other girl was standing at the entryway holding a book in her hands. "Seth said that we should study harder. We're not making progress fast enough." She stated, closing the book.

"I don't want to study, it's all we ever do. I want to go out to the town."

The girl in the doorway gasped. "You know it's forbidden. Don't get any ideas, the guards will surely stop you again."

"Well I'm sick of the same routine every day." The first girl stood and walked back into the room. "I'm sure they are too." She added as she reached the bird cage.

"Sister, what are you doing?!"

"I'm doing what is right." She opened the cage door and the two birds hopped out onto her hand. They chirped frantically at the first girl. "It's fine. I don't worry of what punishment I may receive." She whispered to them as she made her way back to the entryway. "Go on and fly free." She held her hand out and one bird flew into the air. The second stood on her hand and chirped something. "Of course I'm sure. Go on." With that the bird was off, joining it's cage mate.