45. "I sit next to Lou."

Pre-note: this has been #6 in #zaynmalik forever and now currently reached #2 in #liampayne lol #ziam

Thankies thankies thankies for 500k !! I'll be doing one more character ask for hitting 500k !! So comment questions on the chapter entitled "500k: CHARACTER ASK PT.3"

Here we go !! Have fun bc what else is cuter than toddler larry

P.s. please comment :^)

Inspiration for this chapter:

"Oh my!" Louis shouts. "Harry! Harry, look!"

The green-eyed toddler blinks the snowflakes off from his eyelashes. "Lou, you standing on my snow angel."

The smaller boy looks down at his boots and surely he is standing on Harry's snow angel, the head to be exact—it now had two boot prints in the same spot Harry would have drawn a face. "I made it look better."

"Nu-huh." Harry shakes his head, his curls swooshing by his ears. "Made it look ugly. Like your gingerbread man."

Louis gasps, his tiny gloved hand covering his mouth. "You not dare say that about breadman!" The boy gets a surge of anger and pushes Harry, sending the other toddler falling to the snowy ground.

Harry just lays there. He huffs the starts making another snow angel—one that he would protect from Louis' small boots. He could push Louis back, but he was just scared of hurting the other toddler. He was so tiny, Harry sometimes lost him in the snow. "Lou?" Harry sits up, looking around, he sees nothing but snowflakes and the side of Louis' ginormous house. "Louis?" He calls out, louder this time. 

"Where you go?" Harry stands, sadly ruining his snow angel but he would rather look for his small friend instead. Not that he liked Louis that much, obviously. His feet carry him to the front of Louis' house, where he checks in the hedges and in the snow piles, he also tries to see if Louis somehow got stuck in a tree, but the branch was too high for either of them.

It isn't until he sees a tiny, pink bubble-like figure across the street and the bright orange pompon hat from afar. He quickly runs towards Louis. He does look both ways before crossing the street and nearly slips on the ice but catches himself on the neighbour's mailbox.

"Lou!" Harry shouts when he's close enough. "You don't run off! Aunt Jude said we stay together." When he's behind Louis, he notices the small boy's attention is glued on the sparkling lights decorating the neighbour's house. "Do you like the lights, Lou?"

"They for me?" Louis turns around, his blue eyes wide with excitement. "Mummy must have told Mr. Kelly my birthday was coming! He put up lights for me." The boy points to the sparkling bulbs. "It's organ colour, I don't like organ."

"Lou mean orange?"

"No." Louis frowns. "That is fruit, yes? Organ is colour like this!" He points to his hat. "Organ."

"Orange."

"The organ lights are for me, because my birthday."

"Huh?"

"The lights for my birthday! Every house on street has lights because they all celebrating my birthday!"

Harry frowned. The lights were for Christmas, he loved looking at them and enjoyed their colourful and festive little shapes. He didn't want to burst Louis' bubble, even though the latter pushed him into the snow, but that was beside the point. In Harry's mind, he enjoyed spending time with Louis, he liked to play house and soccer (making Louis be the goalie) and Louis was his only real play date. He's never had a friend like Louis before—he was intent on keeping him as one too, even if that meant lying.

"Yes, Aunt Jude said it was surprise!" Harry holds out his hands. "You were not supposed to see yet, Lou!"

That gets Louis quickly covering his eyes with his gloves. He twists around. "I did not see thing!"

Harry smiles, taking Louis' hand and leading them back to Louis' yard, looking both ways again before crossing. "I won't tell your mummy, but you have to pretend you did not see anything."

"Okay, I promise." Louis settles in a small snow pile, then sinks in almost immediately. "Harry!" His little legs stick out from the hole he was in. "Harry! Help me!"

Harry really doesn't know what to do. His arms are too weak and short to lift Louis from his death snow hole by himself. So he does the next best thing, he sinks into his own snow hole, right next to Louis.

"Ah!"

Louis has snow everywhere, it's melting into his socks and his scarf. "Harry! What you do!"

"I sit." The toddler shakes the snow from his hands and uses his cold wet gloves to clean Louis' face, probably just wetting him more. "I sit with Lou." He sniffles. "I sit next to Lou." He bops Louis' button nose. "Next to you."

"But I still stuck." The boy wiggles around. "Why you no get help?"

"Oh." Harry looks dazed. "Did not think of that, good thinking Lou." He then tries to get out of the snow, but only remains where he is. "Um, I am stuck too." Harry tries once again. "We need help. Oh my goodness!" He panics.

"Oh Harry's goodness!"

They stayed out in their snow pile for about ten minutes. Talking about various things like Louis' ugly, ugly gingerbread man and Harry's tendency to add too many sprinkles to his own gingerbread people. They even play Rock Paper Scissors but Louis wins because he had an actual rock in his pocket.

"That not how you play!"

"Uh-huh." Louis nods, holding his rock tighter in his small fist. "If you have real rock or real paper or real scissors, you win."

"But I picked paper!"

"Does not matter, does Harry have real paper now?" Louis asks.

Harry shakes his head.

"Then Harry loses."

When they were saved, Harry promised himself that he would carry around a rock, some paper, and scissors everywhere. He didn't get very far with a rock and scissors in his pocket, he was grounded. He said that Louis made him do it, and no one believed him. So he fell asleep that night with a stuffie he stole from Louis, it was a hedgehog with small little purple mittens.

"Oh my! I have a stuffie just like this!" Louis holds up the hedgehog he just unwrapped. "Now he has friend! Thank you, Harry!"

Harry's mischievous smile said it all—though Louis was far too oblivious to notice. "You are welcome, Lou."

NOTE: thank you for reading !! I hope you enjoyed it. This will be updated soon.

P.s. please don't forget to comment questions for the character ask !!