THREE

"i knew his lil ass was bold, but i aint know he was that bold."

jordan

i had a terrible ass day today.

first, i got stuck in traffic on my way to school, then i got detention for being late to class even though it wasn't my damn fault that there was a traffic jam on my way to school, then some girl i used to mess with tried to confront me for not talking to her no more and  caused a scene at lunch, and now, i was on my way to the detention room, my earbuds in as i listened to deafening trap music.

as i made my way there, i noticed symere sitting on the ground with his books everywhere as people mocked him and called him names. somebody must have tripped him.

i suddenly felt myself feeling pity for symere. yeah, he's weird as fuck, but he don't deserve all the bullshit he gets on a daily basis. just leave him alone, damn.

i wanted to walk away and ignore what i saw, but i couldn't do it, i don't know if i just felt like being a good samaritan, or if i remembered shayaa's bet, but i found myself walking into the scene and helping him off of the ground.

my eyes met his as i towered over him, and his usually cocky attitude turned flustered after he realized it was me that helped him up.

damn, he really did like me. this was going to be easier than i thought.

"uh, thanks for uh, helping me up," he stumbled over his words.

"no problem," i flashed him a smile as i walked over to my locker to grab some things as symere disappeared into the crowd.

as soon as i reached my locker, shayaa was right there waiting for me.

"oh, look at captain save a fag," he taunted me, chuckling at his own words, "that shit was hilarious."

"look, you told me to be nice to him for this dumbass bet and that's what i'm doing," i grunted, rolling my eyes at him as i grabbed my jacket from the locker.

"yeah yeah, i know," he replied. "it was just funny to watch, his fruity ass was out here stuttering and shit just because you touched him. this bet is finna be a piece of cake for you."

"it sure is, bruh," i said weakly.

truth be told, i don't know how i felt about playing with somebody's feelings just for the sake of some bet. it was lowkey kinda fucked up if you thought about it. symere might be weird, but he ain't deserve that.

even with all of the moral doubts in my mind, you think i'm finna back out? hell no. i'm not the type of nigga that backs down from a dare or a bet, no matter how fucked up it is.

i couldn't help but feel bad about it though....

"aye, you wanna slide over to yo cousin's trap real quick and chill? it's gon' be hoes there too," shayaa offered.

i shook my head. "nah, i got detention. i'll definitely be there after i get out tho," i replied as i continued to walk over to the detention room.

i could always just skip detention, but since i was on the basketball team, i couldn't afford to be getting in trouble all the time, i ain't wanna get kicked off and lose my chance for a scholarship, but then again, shayaa gets in more shit than toilet paper, and his ass is still on the team.