FIVE

"why don't you make me behave then?"

symere

today was the day that baskeball tryouts started, and i was more than excited to go sit and watch jordan run around with his shirt off for a couple of hours.

"i can't wait for basketball season to start bruh, we're going to kick so many touchdowns!" miles exclaimed excitedly as we walked through the halls.

"now miles... i don't know shit about sports, but i'm pretty sure that ain't how it works," i shook my head at him in disappointment.

miles was on the basketball team along with jordan, and you're probably wondering how that's possible when the nigga has 2 left feet and a nonexistant brain, but honestly, all you have to do is one thing to be on the basketball team: be tall.

no seriously, you didn't have to be smart, have good grades, or even be good at basketball for that matter. i mean, the coach pretends like he doesn't just let any nigga with a height beginning with 6 on the team, but how else would you have niggas like miles who didn't even know how to spell his own name? or shayaa, who doesn't know how to read past a 4th grade level? or omar, who couldn't do basic math without using his fingers? and jordan might be my future baby daddy, but somebody should tell him that denzel washington was never a president.

bottom line is athletes are dumb, thanks for listening.

"man i'm smart, you gon' stop playing me like i'm dumb," miles sucked his teeth at me as we walked through the halls.

"you're smart? tell me why you asked me what the number to 911 is like last week then?" i asked him.

"because uh.... i was tired?" he searched for an explanation, scratching his head as he made excuses.

i shook my head at the taller man. "yo ass always tired, c'mon, let's get to class."

××××××

after school, i entered the gym and sat on the bleachers. i was here by myself since jordan and miles was out there preparing for the tryouts, so i pulled out my phone to entertain myself while warm ups were happening.

i really hoped that nobody was about to bother me, but i was wrong, because as soon as i sat down and pulled out my phone, i saw shayaa approaching me with a stank face, just ready to harass me some more.

"what is your fruity ass doing here?" he snarled at me as he approached me, "you tryna watch me put on a lil show for you or something? you prolly lowkey want me to fuck your little ass."

i scrunched up my face in disgust. "nah, i don't. i'm not into beastiality... although it is interesting that your first thought about me is sexual. are you projecting your desires onto me? you know they say the biggest homophobes are always the gayest ones."

he got even more livid at me suggesting that he might be gay, and he clenched his fists at me and growled. "listen here you ol' dick in the booty ass nigga-"

he was cut off from his angry tirade when jordan walked up to the scene that shayaa was causing.

"shayaa, c'mon. chill on symere," he urged him calmly.

"nah, ain't no chill. tell his faggot ass to chill on me, i don't even know why he here in the first place, his gay ass prolly be imagining us running a train on him or some shit."