Jungkook gaped at my defiant behavior and scoffed, hands on his hips in disbelief as he tongued the inside of his cheek.

"I hope you're ready to lose, weird creepy pervert guy," my hair snapped around like a whip as I turned, throwing my team a look as I got into position. 

"When was I ever weird creepy pervert guy?! I thought I was just creepy pervert guy!" Jungkook exclaimed to which my dad gave the weirdest look in our direction.

I ignored him as I bent my knees lower. "Let's kick his ass, guys!" I shouted, eyes glaring at Jungkook to which he returned a sour expression, sticking his tongue out for good measure.

"Yah! We're on his team too, you know! Shouldn't it be let's kick their asses?!"

"Will you shut up, Tae?! We're not gonna lose!" Jimin scolded to which Taehyung reached out his long arm, giving Jimin a good shove.

"Will both of you shut up?!" Jungkook barked, spinning around to jump at both males with his fists clenched and they flinched back at their irritated captain.

Jungkook doesn't like to lose, especially now that I've riled him up.

"Jungkook!" Before he could turn back around Jin had already served the ball.

He dove, hands stretched, veins popping at the deliberate fall to the ground. Sand kicked up every where and for a moment I couldn't see Jungkook. But as the grains settled it was clear he wasn't able to successfully save, volley ball right next to where his hands landed, face buried in the sand.

Jin's fist struck into the air in victory as Jungkook grudgingly stood to his feet while rolling the ball under the net. "Yah! That was a cheap shot!"

Jin shrugged, snatching the ball up confidently. "Maybe you should get your team under control otherwise there's a lot more where that came from."

I smirked from my dad, to Jin, finally settling on my fiance's form, his eyes on mine in outrage, chest rising up and down. 

'My chance to finally beat Jungkook has come!'

--

"I can't believe we lost!"

"I can't believe you spiked on your own girlfriend!"

"Fiancé," Jungkook corrected and Jin rolled his eyes.

"Whatever, you know what i mean!"

Jungkook merely laughed at every complaint Jin and I threw his way. 

Saying Jungkook is competitive would be an understatement; the man will go for blood, taking everyone down in his path until he gets what he wants... and I guess that includes me.

I rubbed the spot on my head where he spiked the ball.

'Cute bunny my ass... '

"What was that expression? Ah, you shouldn't poke the sleeping bear," was his only answer along with an impassive shrug and I scoffed, throwing the empty water bottle in hand at his head, but Jungkook caught it easily.

To everyones surprise, my dad actually laughed for a split second before realizing what he was doing and cleared his throat to cover himself. 

The sun was finally setting, kissing the seas horizon in the distance as its orange rays danced off the waves in captivating flares of light. The tide continued its course, crashing along the shoreline and I gazed longingly from my seat in the sand.