8. Beautiful and Broken

[Edited]

Thanks to my terrible lie, I had another party to go to tonight.

However, with this particular party the amount of emotions whirling inside my body was enough to make me nauseous. 

Don't ask me why I took a little too much time in the mirror making sure my makeup was blended nicely or why I had to make sure the waves I put in my hair came out perfectly. Of course, I didn't expect Tae to notice the change at all. He stopped caring what I wore and how I looked months ago. 

Jimin, however, was a different story.

"Since when do you dress up for parties?" Jimin asked suspiciously, his small figure leaning lazily against the doorway to my room as he adjusted the cuffs to his white button up.

"Since when do you care so much about what I do with my life?" I snapped back while fixing the off the shoulder black top into my matching skirt, pairing it with tall black boots.

Taehyung was in the shower, jazz music full blast. He was clearly excited for the party as his deep voice could be heard singing along. 

'Tae likes to keep his mind busy. He always wants a distraction, craves it no matter the cost... '

"Y/n," Jimin brought me back to reality. "I know Taehyung is... difficult." 

I snorted, brows lowering as I made my way over to my wallet laying upon the nightstand next to my side of the bed.

"Difficult is an understatement, Jimin. You know that just as much as I do."

"Whatever you want to call it, I get it. I thought the same thing at first, that even though no one ever truly heals from death, he'll at least learn to be happier and move on... but regardless of what happened to him you don't deserve it." 

I froze while adjusting my little cross body purse.

Jimin continued, stepping closer with hands awkwardly brushing at his black trousers."I'm Tae's best friend and even I'm reaching out telling you that it's okay to leave him." 

I hated having these conversations. And it's happening more frequently now.

'When did it start? Was it multiple blacked out drunken fights that led to us being kicked out?' 

I glanced at the four boxes of alcohol pads and first aid kit on the night side table where Taehyung sleeps.

'Or the time we caught him doing lines on the toilet of a motel bathroom?' 

I plopped on the bed, thoughts rushing so quickly around my head I felt exhausted.

'Or... the time I caught him with someone else.'