15. Can I Trust You?

[Edited]

I found myself on the beach again.

But this time the moon was shining in place of the sun, and I was no longer with Jungkook. 

Instead Jin was by my side.

I pretty much ran all the way home and cried in Jin's arms. Even though he was completely confused and a bit angry thinking Jungkook had hurt me, he made sure to not leave my side even though it was obvious he had many clients put on hold for his business.

Jin used my phone to call Jungkook, thankfully I did end up saving the number he left me at the bakery. He told Jungkook to come back and order dinner, to relax while we were gone. I could hear Jungkook's concerned voice and pressed my lips together in guilt at the thought of him having to walk back all by himself.

We're outside in the sand, sitting on blankets and a small fire that Jin built for us crackling as we both stared out into the blackness of the ocean before us.

"He tried to kiss me... but I ran," I finished, picking up handfuls of the cool sand and letting it fall smoothly through my fingers. 

Jin heaved a long sigh before speaking. "You do understand that you probably just confused the hell out of Jungkook, right?" 

I could only nod sadly, remembering the mix of emotions on his face before I left him at the ferris wheel.

"You can't keep messing with his emotions, y/n. He's a guy that has feelings just like everyone else on this planet."

"I'm scared," my voice cracked. "You know about me and Taehyung... everything that happened. Everything we went through. It feels weird without him... but I'm tired of feeling like his pet, like a toy he played with when he was bored. I'm was tired of having him stick me in as a replacement for his mother, I know it sounds mean, but it's the truth." My fingers dug angrily into the sand.

"And what about Jungkook? How does he make you feel?" Jin asked gently, pulling up the red geometric patterned blanket that was beginning to fall from around my shoulders.

"He makes me feel... confused," I answered faintly. "Confused... but somehow safe." A smile forged its way onto my lips absentmindedly.

Jungkook already helped me from the little time he's been in my life. He always finds a way to comfort me, to make me laugh, make me feel wanted. 

Loved. 

"I don't know about you but that sounds a lot better than how you described Taehyung."

It was and I knew it. But that still didn't make letting go of Taehyung any easier.

I sighed as I looked up the stars. "Remember when we would do this every weekend when we were little?"