27. More Excuses

I don't think I've ever felt this uncomfortable in my life, and I have had countless uncomfortable moments. The air is hot and damp, and I would check my phone to see just how hot it is, but I'm afraid that if I lift up my arms, the sweat stains that I felt forming since I got out of Kyle's air-conditioned house will be on full display. I immediately took off any article of clothing that I can spare, leaving me in a thin white tank top, blue shorts, and sandals. 

We're walking down the sidewalk of the famous Rodeo Drive that I will proudly admit, I knew nothing about. Sofia is leading us all to a restaurant where we'll be having a late breakfast, mostly due to the fact that it's our last day before we leave for New York. 

I can feel the stream of perspiration running down the back of my neck, making my hair stick to my hot skin. I finally decide that enough is enough and put my hair up into a lazy bun with an extra hair tie I had luckily kept on my wrist.

"You look like you just went swimming." I glare back at Shawn who is slowly walking behind me because apparently, "my pace is too slow for his."

"You know what, Shawn? I feel like I'm about to murder someone right now, so if I were you, I'd shut your mouth." He just laughs at me as I continue to stare daggers at him.

"Well someone's grumpy!" Geoff points out, and I look over at him and shrug my shoulders.

"The heat makes me murderous," I answer simply, trying to seem unbothered by this gruesome weather. 

"I think you just need a hug," Shawn says, and before I can process what his words meant, he wraps his arms around me, stopping me in my tracks.

I scream out of frustration and try to pry his arms off of me while he just laughs, finding my clear discomfort funny. "Shawn, I will literally murder you, I don't care if you're a celebrity and we're on Rodeo Drive," I tell him as I continue to struggle. I can almost feel my body, heat up another hundred degrees now that I'm basically sharing his body heat.

I expected our group of friends to stop and help me, but they just keep on walking, making Shawn drag me along so we can keep up. "That sounds like a fucking amazing movie, Iz. You're a real visionary." Geoff tells me, making me roll my eyes. 

"I thought you liked my hugs?" Shawn asks me with a smirk on his face, making me want to punch him. 

"I do but not if it's a thousand degrees out and your sweaty hair is in my face!" I finally was able to pry Shawn's sweaty, hot hands off of me before running over to walk with Kyle. I rip Kyle away from Sofia and use him as a shield to protect me from Shawn who is gaining in on me once again.

"Iz, get off of me, you're sweaty," Kyle says in disgust as he pulls away from my grasp.

"You were just on top of Sofia," I say pointedly, throwing my hands in the air, frustrated that I'm now exposed to Shawn.

"We're getting married, we're supposed to share body sweat," Kyle says defensively as he goes back to Sofia and wraps his arms around her waist, making her groan in discomfort.

I decide not to give him shit for that sickening comment because Sofia does it for me by pushing him off of her and glaring at him, making me laugh victoriously. 

As soon as we get to the restaurant, we're whipped by a wave of cool air, making me feel a thousand times better. We're brought to our table which is right by the window that overlooks the busy street and all of the people. I fight Shawn for the seat that's facing the window, and I eventually win, after convincing him that it'd be best if his back was facing the window so he's less likely to be recognized. He said that he doesn't care, but Andrew had made the decision for him, not wanting to be crowded by fans this early in the morning in heat like this.