12. It's More Than That

*Please read the A/N at the end of the chapter!*

"Kelsey, wake up." I shake her awake before slipping on my shoes. She groans and sits up in bed. I watch her lean over to look at her alarm clock sitting on her bedside table. 

"What the fuck are you doing up this early? Why are you all showered and dressed?" She asks me as she sinks further into her duvet. 

"I have to bring my friend to the airport, I'll be back around 10:30." I tell her as I sit at the end of her bed. 

"Okay, why did you have to wake me up?" She asks me tiredly as she rubs her eyes. 

"Well, I was thinking, if you don't have any plans for today, I'll take you to Pickering!" I tell her excitedly. A smile forms on her face and she pumps her fists in the air. 

"Finally! I can't wait to see the iconic Pickering with one of its very own!" She says somewhat sarcastic. 

"Great because I'm gonna introduce you to everyone! You've already met my mum but you'll get to meet my little sister and hopefully my dad." She gets even more excited as I explain the plans. 

"My main goal that I am hoping to accomplish in Pickering is to at least drive by Shawn's house, that's all I want! And, if we have time, Kyle Reed is also from Pickering so I'd like to drive by his house too!" She tells me in a high pitched voice. 

"You like him too?" I ask her incredulously. What the hell is my life? My best friend just happens to be the biggest fan of my other best friend and my cousin, who both just happen to be two of the most popular musicians in the world! The odds of that happening to anybody else are slim to none. 

"Yeah." She says innocently with a shrug. "Please don't tell me you hate him too." She groans as she falls back on to her pillow. 

"I don't hate either of them, trust me." I tell her truthfully. 

She looks at me confused and wide-eyed. "What do you mean you don't hate them? You used to tell me that you hate Shawn Mendes every day!" She says as she raises her hands in the air. 

"Well,  it's not that I don't like him, I actually think he is one of the most genuine and talented people in the world, I'm just not that fond of hearing about him every single second." She looks at me in shock, like I just told her that I killed a puppy. 

"Are you a closeted stan of Shawn Mendes?" She asks me with an excited smile. I roll my eyes at her and get off her bed. 

"Nope, I'm his biggest fucking fan in the world!" I yell in an excited voice, but she thinks I'm being sarcastic when I'm secretly absolutely serious. 

"Okay, okay. You can leave now." She says as she throws one of her throw pillows at me. I laugh before grabbing my keys and leaving for Shawn's house. 

When I get there, Shawn is already walking out to my car with his luggage and two guitar cases. I get out to help him since he seems to be struggling. "Shawn, you are the only person I've seen walk through an airport with more than one guitar." I laugh as I grab a guitar case and one of his two luggage bags.

He looks at me like I'm stupid, "Well, Iz, I'm also one of the few famous musicians you'll see walking through an airport." He smiles as we pile his stuff into the back of my Jeep Compass. 

"Oh my god, the sass is real." I say as we get in the car. 

"To be fair, that was really stupid." He tells me as he turns towards me with a smile. 

I shrug my shoulders but silently agree, I didn't even think that one over. "Stop making fun of me, you bully." I whine as I playfully shove his shoulder. He tilts his head back and closes his eyes as he laughs, making his laugh lines visible. His laugh is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, I swear.