Ch.2 Finally Home

Hariel slept through the entire flight, the past couple of days worrying had kept her up most nights, but being in the air even though she couldn't feel the wind on her face soothed her.

Her uncle shook her awake gwntky.

"C'mon Hariel, we landed." Her uncle said, he looked tired yet happy. Hariel rubbed her eyes and yawned. She stretched and hears her back crack.

"Okay," she mumbled, she felt tired and cranky but she knew how to hide that. She shouldered her bag as she stood. Her uncle said that they'd   pick her suitcase as they exited the airport.

"So are we getting picked up or?" Hariel asked, as they got off the plane making their way to the baggage claim.

"We are getting picked up. My son has the car, and he wanted to meet you." Her uncle said as they made their way through the airport. "I have to call Joey. So I'll be right over there." He said Ponting  at phone booths. She noticed one said international calling. Her thoughts went straight to Herman and Ron.

"Is it okay if I call my friends to let then know we landed safely? Knowing Herman and Ron if I don't call them they'll be on the first flight here." She said, knowing Herman was probably counting the minutes from her landing.

"Yeah so you need change?" He asked, she shook her head.

"No thanks. Its going to be a quick call." She promised, as she stepped towards the phone.
She put in Herman' s number that she had memorized in her 1st year. She swiped her credir card amd was told she be respisible for paying for the call. It rang once and she was answered with a happy sigh.

"Thank Merlin! I was so worried. How'd the flight go? Have you eaten? Are you still at the airport? How's your uncle and cousin? Do you like them?" Herman asked, his questions rapid fire. She laughed, hearing him calmed her nerves.

"I slept the entire time, we ate before we got to the airport, i met my uncle I like him, my cousin is going to pick us up so I haven't met him yet." Hariel said answering all the questions, knowing Herman would continue to badger her untill she answrred.

"Oh I'm so glad." He said, relief clear in his tone. Hariel smiled. Herman told her about how the Weasleys were going to Egypt again to visit bill  and that they had invited him. She made an agreement, then She saw her uncle nod and then smiled and hung up the phone. He exited the booth and looked to be waiting patiently  for her to finish her comverstation.

"You should go. Itll look great on applications for apprenticeships. But From the looks of it. My cousin is waiting for us. So I'll call you soon. I might end up getting a cellphone. I'll talk to you later Herman. Mail Ron for me please." Hariel said softly. "I love you" she added. He replied that he loved her too and that he would do what she said.
She hung up with a promise to call him before he left for eygpt.

"Joey said he's pulling up now. So cmon, time to meet him." Her uncle said picking up her suitcase as she followed behind him. Slightly nervouse, hoping that Joey was much nicer than Dudley.

Her uncle lead her to a slightly beat up four door car, it was grey, either with some dirt or it's actual paint job, but it looked well cared for. A blonde teenager jumped out of the car, his amber eyes alight, a happy go luck smile on his face.

"My boy, Joey this is Hariel. Hariel this is joey." Her uncle said Hariel made to shake his hand, but he pulled her into a hug, she stiffened at first but relaxed soon after.

"Nice ta meet cha cuz. " he said, happily. Hariel laughed.

"Nice to meet you too." She said,  she looked to see her uncle was.wiping tears from his eyes.