Chapter 20: New Year, New Experiences (Part II)

"I want to get a tattoo" I randomly say to Rory while we're lying in bed with Flannel. "You should get one" Rory says and smiles. "How old were you when you got yours?" I ask, looking at her. 

          "I had just turned fifteen when I got it" Rory says, looking back at me. "I'd have to bring my dad or Ben though, since I'm not eighteen yet" I say and bite my lip, thinking about it.

          "You'd have to bring me where because you're not eighteen?" Ben asks and puts his suitcase in his room. "To the tattoo parlor" I say and sit up, looking at Ben. "I'm down; if you show me the tattoo you want" He says, sitting on the end of my bed.

          "Hello to you too Ben" Rory says and giggles, sitting up. "Hey Ro" Ben chuckles and leans over, giving Rory a quick hug. She hugs him back then I hand him my phone so he can see the tattoo I want. 

          "I'll definitely take you to get that" Ben smiles and gives me my phone back as Flannel climbs onto his lap. Ben chuckles and pets him.           

          "We go back to school in three days, so if you want the tattoo you should probably get it today" Rory says and Ben and I nod in agreement. Ben puts me in my chair and we lock Flannel in my room before we head to the tattoo parlor.  

          We enter the tattoo parlor and the guy in the front greets us. "Hey, I'm Shane. What can I help you with today?". "I'm Marley, and I'm wanting to get this tattoo" I say and hold out my phone to him.

          "Alright. I'll just need your ID and for you to fill this out" Shane says and hands me a clipboard with a form on it. I give him my ID and fill out the form, Ben signing to give his consent for me to get the tattoo.  

          Shane prints out the design and gives me my phone back before leading Rory and I to the back, Ben waiting in the front. Rory gently picks me up and puts me in the chair by the equipment. 

          "Where do you want the tattoo?" Shane asks and looks at me. "On my right forearm" I look back at him and take off my hoodie. "Alright. You ready?" He asks with a smile. I nod and smile back at him.   

          Shane cleans my arm and then starts the tattoo. I bite my lip in pain and Rory grabs my left hand. I smile at her and hold onto her hand the whole time, making small talk with Shane.

***49 minutes later***

          Shane finishes up my tattoo and tells us how to take of it for the next few weeks. I pay him and show Ben before putting back on my hoodie so we can leave. "I like it" He smiles. "I do too" I smiles back at him.