Chapter 11: Eleven Years (Part II)

***Flashback***

          I'm flying through the air and feel a burning on my back and warm liquid pouring out. "Mommy!" I scream and cry and hit a tree before everything goes black. I wake up in the hospital and whimper when I can't move my legs, looking around for my mom. My dad gets up and grabs my hand, tear stains on his cheeks.

          "What's wrong, daddy? Where's mommy?" I ask and hold my dad's hand, looking up at him. "Baby..." My dad starts but tears up, turning away from me. "Baby, we were in a car accident. You and mommy got hurt, and... Mommy didn't make it..." My dad says softly and holds my hand.

          "Mommy didn't make it?" I whisper and Ben quickly climbs into my bed, wrapping his arms around me tight. I hold onto him tight and close my eyes. "There's one more thing, baby..." My dad whispers.

          I look up at him and try to sit up, whimpering in pain. "Stay down sissy, you're hurt" Ben says softly and gently lays me back down, holding me. "Baby, you hurt your back and legs in the accident... You can't walk anymore...".

***End of Flashback***

          I quickly sit up and gasp for air, sobbing and shaking. Rory sits up and wraps her arms around me, holding me. I keep sobbing and put my hand on my chest. "What can I do to help?" Rory whispers and rubs my back. "Get... Ben..." I mumble between sobs and squeeze my eyes shut. Rory quickly get up and knocks on Ben's door.

***Ben's POV***

          "What's up, Rory? It's 3:00 AM" I say and rub my eyes, looking at Rory. "Um... Marley is crying and shaking, and she told me to get you" Rory says and bites her lip. I nod and go into Marley's room, climbing into bed with her. I wrap my arms around her tightly and kiss her head. "It's okay, sis" I whisper and rub her back.

***Marley's POV***

          "I remember everything... I remember the car hitting the tree, I remember flying out the window, I remember my back getting cut open... All of it..." I whimper and hold onto Ben, hiding my face in his neck.

          "I am so sorry, Marley... " Ben whispers and holds me protectively, his hand on the back of my head. I cling to him and slowly calm down, catching my breath. "You're okay, sis" Ben whispers and keeps rubbing my back, kissing my head again. I wipe my eyes and look up at Ben. "I miss her so much..." I whisper and sigh softly.

          "I know, sis. I miss her too" Ben sighs and wipes his own eyes, gently laying me back down. I curl up on my side and Ben looks over at Rory standing in the hallway. Rory comes back in and gets in bed behind me, wrapping her arms around me. I put my hands on hers and close my eyes, taking a deep breath.

          Ben smiles slightly and goes back to his room, shutting the door. "I'm sorry if I scared you..." I whisper to Rory and intertwine our fingers. "It's okay, baby" Rory whispers and gently squeezes my hand, pecking the side of my neck. 

          I roll over to face Rory and wrap my arms around her, pecking her on the lips. "Thank you, beautiful" I whisper and rest my forehead against her shoulder. "You're welcome, gorgeous" She whispers back and kisses my head, holding me.