Chapter 17: Home

"Alright, everything is good to go. You get to go home" The nurse says and smiles, leaving the room as my dad helps me into my chair. "Rory said that she'll meet us at the house after her competition is over" My dad says and smiles.

          "Awesome" I say and smile, putting my bag on the back of my chair. "You ready to go?" My dad asks and I nod. I say bye to a few nurses and we head out to the truck where Ben and Norah are waiting for us.

          I hug both of them and then get in the truck to go home. We're all talking about our plans for New Years when Norah's phone rings. "Get home right now! You didn't have permission to leave the house!" Her foster mother yells angrily.

          "I-I'm sorry. I'm on my way. I wanted to be here with Marley because she just got out of the hospital" Norah says and Ms. Ellis yells about not wanting to hear her excuses. Norah says and hangs up the phone.

***Norah's POV***

          "I'm sorry guys" I say softly. "Norah, if things aren't okay at home, you're more than welcome to stay with us" Mr. Price says as Ben turns the car around to drive me home. "Oh... E-everything is okay, but thank you" I say softly and glance over at Marley.

          "I still like her too much to be able to live in the same house as her. I don't think I could handle it" I think to myself.

***Marley's POV***

          We pull up to Norah's house and she hugs me before opening the car door. "I'll text you later" Norah says and smiles slightly, walking up to her front door and going inside. I sigh and we drive home.

          We hear the shower running as we get into the house. Rory must have used her copy of the house key to come in and shower before we got back. My dad goes to change into his uniform for his long shift.

          He comes back into the living room and hugs Ben. "Be responsible this weekend. I love you" He says. "I will. I love you too dad" Ben says and hugs him back. "And for you... Have a good weekend sweetheart. Call me if you need me. I love you" My dad says and hugs me. "I will. I love too" I say and hug him back. He leaves for work       

          "Are you sure you and Rory will be okay being here alone for the weekend?" Ben asks as he starts packing his suitcase. "Yeah, we'll be okay" I say and smile at him. I hear the bathroom door open.            

          "Alright, just call me if you need anything, and there's something in my fridge for you guys; just be responsible with it" Ben says and hugs me tight.  "Yes sir" I giggle and hug him back tight, locking the front door behind him.

          I finally go to my room and see Rory sitting on my bed in my pajama pants and Luke Bryan t-shirt. "Hey gorgeous" I say and smile at her, sitting in the doorway. "Hey beautiful" Rory smiles back and comes over to me, picking me up.

          I giggle and wrap my arms around her tight, holding onto her. "I missed you so much" Rory says and kisses me softly, sitting on the bed with me on her lap. I smile and kiss her back softly, whispering; "I missed you too, but I'm all yours for the weekend".